? What happened to the thread on the update?

Get help from other SoftStep users.
adamqlw

? What happened to the thread on the update?

Postby adamqlw » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:24 pm

Is it me, or has that been deleted? If so, bad form...
TheSupport@KMI

Re: ? What happened to the thread on the update?

Postby TheSupport@KMI » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:02 pm

Weird. Very weird. I can't find it either. And even though there was nothing productive going on in that thread, I highly dislike deleting things.
2, 3, 5, 13, 89, 233, 1597, 28657, 514229, 433494437, 2971215073
dirk

Postby dirk » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:42 pm

This is only a dream. LOL You imagined it all. :)
Still would love to hear some sort of update timeline.
Ah back to daring to dream.
Dirk
jobot

Postby jobot » Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:31 pm

TheSupport@KMI wrote: And even though there was nothing productive going on .
just like trying to use the editor
mocker

Postby mocker » Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:15 am

What ???? Now on top of it, they're deleting threads ? How long will it take before they kick us out of the forum when they don't like our posts. Please let me know ! I'm pretty shocked.

This is not about having fun here. I'M A CUSTOMER and I paid money to buy your product. I recommended it to many and this is how we're treated when just asking for a timeline for the Softstep's Editor update ?
To whom it may concern at KMI : pull yourself together, keep cool and think twice before deleting posts. You have to understand it makes it all worse and extremely negative for your (already damaged) image.
face

Postby face » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:48 am

yeah if there's one thing thats reliable in this world it's definitely software update timelines...

***RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE***

but i mean, you could always hop on this one: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=775

or this one: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=594&hilit=softstep+update

LET'S BUMP ALL OF THEM UP! THAT'LL SHOW THEM AND DEFINITELY MAKE THEM GET THE UPDATE OUT FASTER!
rad3d

Postby rad3d » Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:23 am

TheSupport@KMI wrote:Weird. Very weird. I can't find it either. And even though there was nothing productive going on in that thread, I highly dislike deleting things.
Nothing productive? I remember some hints from KMI in that thread that something might be in the works back in the spring (or earlier). That eventually prompted some complaints from users when there was no follow up. But there were also posts asking for status and posting some relevant ideas.

I think I had a post asking the question that if new software was either not on the roadmap, or significantly delayed - was there any possibility that an API might be made available? If KMI doesn't see enough future in the SoftStep to move the software forward, why not let the community of users take a shot at it?

Don't get me wrong - I'm a big fan of the products. I own 2 SoftSteps and a QuNeo (soon to be 2), and I'm happy with them, but agree with many of the frustrations with the SoftStep software.

Understand why you can't say anything until something is pending, but it would also be nice to know if there won't be any software updates inside of the next year.
SLP

Postby SLP » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:38 pm

being it's been years it's probably safe to say an update isn't in the works.
Maybe they are coming out with a new pedal and aren't going to work on this one anymore.

But it would be nice if people would get over the negative vibes and sell it if it doesn't work for them currently. Sucks to take a hit but they seam to go over $150 used on ebay so it couldn't be that bad.
There are other products you can use. I have a fcb1010 in my closet if anyone is interested :P
dirk

Postby dirk » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:00 pm

I'm certainly not here to bash at all, just providing insight is all. I use both my SS and Qneo all the time, and sorry but I would never go back to my old bulky pair of 1010's. :lol:

I assume everyone just thought negative content might help as a motivator, apparently an incorrect tactic.
Nothing does what the SS does, good, bad or indifferent. I've learned to live with and work around the issues.

And being I love the SS so much I dare to dream that someday we might get some of what needs to happen to make it an incredible instrument, no that's not a typo, I consider it an instrument.
Cheers,
Dirk
Last edited by dirk on Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dirk

Postby dirk » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:51 pm

Well to start, the memory bloat of the app in hosted mode. Not able to use all full edits to transfer to stand alone mode. Noisy back lighting, lack of speed in the initial editor open, that's the tops on my list right now.
Dirk

Return to “SoftStep Users' Help Exchange”