windows 7 and softstep software 1.1

Get help from other SoftStep users.
todd

windows 7 and softstep software 1.1

Postby todd » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:51 am

after installing midiyoke, the softstep software is very slow to respond, and eventually just freezes up.

the process just hangs in memory, and ultimately i have to reboot the machine to clear it out.

i'm curious if other windows 7 users have had similar issues and were able to overcome them?

thanks,
t
ericzang

Re: windows 7 and softstep software 1.1

Postby ericzang » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:30 pm

I also found the response to be quite slow at 1.1, so I went back to the previous version. Eventually I'll transfer my presets to standalone and this won't be an issue.

I didn't give 1.1 long enough a try to eventually get a freeze up.

If you think it might be a midiyoke issue, you can try loopMIDI. I have found it to not be as compatible as midiyoke for some things, but it is 64bit and Sonar x64 can use it, but not midiyoke.
Sam_K

Postby Sam_K » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:36 am

I am on Win7 64 bit. I did not experience the same application slowness and hanging as you did, but I had another problem where, after a few minutes use, the MIDI Yoke virtual port would just stop transmitting data anymore. The SoftStep app and Ableton Live still work fine, but MIDI Yoke just won't transmit. Only a reboot brings mIDI Yoke alive again.

I use LoopMIDI instead now and have not had a problem so far, but that's not saying much as I've only had my SoftStep for a week and have barely scratched the surface.
thdawkins

Postby thdawkins » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:01 pm

I have just purchased softsteps in which I want to use it with Amplitube 3 within Sonar X2. I have windows 7 x64. I have noticed that Sonar X2 in it preference windows, under midi devices two i/p sscom and midiin2(SSCOM) and 2 outputs sscom and midiout2 (SSCOM) does this mean that Sonar X2 recognises softstep and there is no need to download midiyoke or alternative Virtual Midi Port (VMP) software.

If I have to download a VMP software which one is the best, reading the post it sounds like loopMidi is the one to go for, but KMI recommends midiyoke. What are the member thought on that.

Any advice you can give would be much appreciated.
TheSupport@KMI

Postby TheSupport@KMI » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:19 pm

If you're just going to use your SoftStep in Standalone mode then there is no need for a virtual MIDI port; you only need one if you're using your SoftStep in Hosted mode.

As for the best one — these days I'd probably go with loopMidi — it's more up to date. I don't believe loopMIDI was around when KMI started out, so the recommendation went to MIDI Yoke. It's just kind of stayed that way in the manuals. MIDI Yoke certainly gets the job done, though.
2, 3, 5, 13, 89, 233, 1597, 28657, 514229, 433494437, 2971215073
thdawkins

Postby thdawkins » Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:38 pm

Thanks for the reply, I tried loopmidi, but lack of documentation on how to set it up, made me decide to use Midiyoke. However I enccounter and new problems with the editor. I had setup a scene for Amplitube, setting the button up as toggle, destinations cc# and device to midiyoke #1. However the CC# all revert to 0 and I could not change them and not the toggle cc# 20 - 29. Not sure whether or not I did something wrong when I set up the scene.

I had the editor open in the background which I believe is needed when using a host application such as amplitube 3.

I tested the midi assignment in Amplitube and they seem to work, all I need now is to be able to change the cc# from 0 to 21 - 26 for the first 6 buttons in the editor, any suggestion on how I can do that.

Return to “SoftStep Users' Help Exchange”