Windows Editor - SS Trade In

Get help from other SoftStep users.
rad3d

Re: Windows Editor - SS Trade In

Postby rad3d » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:14 am

TheOtherSupport@KMI wrote:Good to know that the preset importing is smooth sailing.

Just noticed that this appears to only be true in Standalone mode. None of my Hosted presets came across. I only use in Standalone currently, so didn't pick up on right away. No setlists came through in either Standalone or Hosted mode.
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:28 am

rad3d wrote:Just noticed that this appears to only be true in Standalone mode. None of my Hosted presets came across. I only use in Standalone currently, so didn't pick up on right away. No setlists came through in either Standalone or Hosted mode.

Preset importing is independent for each mode. If you switch to Hosted mode, then you can import hosted presets.

I don't think we planned on importing setlists, but I don't really see that as an issue. It takes all of 2 minutes to organize a setlist.
TheSupport@KMI

Postby TheSupport@KMI » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:20 pm

2, 3, 5, 13, 89, 233, 1597, 28657, 514229, 433494437, 2971215073
dirk

Postby dirk » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:45 pm

And I'm not grabbing the file either. ;)

Despite not getting my presets from the old one to come in, I'm happily re-sculpting my scenes better anyway in the new editor.

Really would love the new hardware now that the software is behaving so well with the old SS.

Thanks for the effort on this, seriously. :ugeek:
Dirk
rad3d

Postby rad3d » Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:09 am

dirk wrote:Despite not getting my presets from the old one to come in

Preset importing working fine on both v1 and v2 for me - both Standalone and Hosted mode.

I have a second SS that I can test the firmware update on to see if that goes more smoothly. Later today.
rad3d

Postby rad3d » Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:39 am

Probably too late for a request like this at this stage in beta - but it would sure be nice to have an option to switch to using a single window for all Key Modulations (view only one Key at a time), rather than have each open in a new window. There's an advantage to both ways of working. Having a way to toggle between modes would be great.

No complaints, though. This editor is so much faster to work with. I used to dread opening the old one up, as I knew I was in for at least 10 minutes of time just to update and test a simple setting update in Standalone mode. Now I'm in and out in a few seconds. I especially like how quick the upload process is now. Also just discovered the extended character set, which is a nice add, as well.
unguitar

Postby unguitar » Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:48 am

Where do I find the file with my original preset in the previous editor version ?
Or, which is the extension I should look for ?
Dave

Postby Dave » Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:05 pm

I love the new editor however it will not run from a non-system drive whereas the old one did. I use XP Pro on a bootable partition for all of my audio work. Is there any way to make the new editor run on a bootable partition? Thanks for a great new and much more usable editor for a great product.
Bollenator

Postby Bollenator » Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:19 pm

Despite NOT downloading the Windows beta zip file and NOT trying it out (since I was not invited to the beta), I have feedback. I'm like Nostradamus or something. ;)

1. (bug) In the Basic Editor, the "toggle" boxes (for backlight, toggle, X/Y latch, etc.) disappear when clicked and do not show up when re-clicked. They do, however, show up in the correct toggled state when another toggle button is clicked.
  2. Also in the Basic Editor, it would be nice to have some UI element for clicking through the preset numbers - it wasn't immediately obvious that I could scroll through "Current Preset" to see the other presets.
  3. In both editors, the "Display Name" text boxes should probably output all-caps in order to match what the SoftStep will be displaying.
Just a few off the top of my head. Thanks!
rad3d

Postby rad3d » Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:06 pm

Bollenator wrote:In both editors, the "Display Name" text boxes should probably output all-caps in order to match what the SoftStep will be displaying.

New firmware appears to now allow for a larger character set on both SS1 and SS2, including lowercase and special characters.

Return to “SoftStep Users' Help Exchange”