External pedal weirdness - SS1 - Editor 2.2 - Win7

Get help from other SoftStep users.
marshallraw

Re: External pedal weirdness - SS1 - Editor 2.2 - Win7

Postby marshallraw » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:05 pm

SoftStep 2, Midi Expander, MacBook Pro OS X 9, latest Editors.

Further update on EV-5 external expression pedal:

After 2 days use, the EV-5 started the same flurry of CCs activity at full pedal throw I reported earlier using a 250k expression pedal. I exchanged the EV-5 for a new replacement, same behavior.

This appears to be an issue related to having the SS2 and midi expander connected to my Mac thru SS2 -> midi expander and SS2 -> Mac via usb when running the advanced editor in Hosted or Standalone mode - if I use the SS2 with midi expander powered by ac adapter without Mac connection, no CCs flurry and expression pedal works fine.

When I bought the SS2 a couple of weeks ago, I had intended to use it standalone with midi expander and no computer connection, making all midi connections thru the expander. Unfortunately I can't do that until the bug described in "Midi ch 16 PC preset selection locks up in standalone" (viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2462#p8980) is fixed via a software update. I am respectfully requesting that this bug be fixed as soon as possible so that I can get full intended usage from my SoftStep 2.

Thanks!
George Hudson
SoftStep 2, MacBook Pro, iPad Air. Amplitube 3, Logic Pro X, MainStage 3.
fflavor

Postby fflavor » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:52 am

I'm having an external controller issue similar to this. I'm using the softstep 2 in standalone mode with a mission engineering ep1 expression pedal and fractal axe fx 2. External controller seems to work fine using it with factory presets. But, when I assign my own functions to each of the pedals the external controller then seems to get confused, sending a flurry of CC's as the OP stated.
emmett@KMI

Postby emmett@KMI » Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:46 pm

What do you mean by 'each of the pedals' do you mean keys 1-10? Make sure you only have one modline with the pedal source in the entire preset.

I say this because it's easy to put a pedal modline on key 1 and then another on key 10 but not know it's there. This can lead to confusing behavior.

Return to “SoftStep Users' Help Exchange”