How to program Program Changes

Get help from other SoftStep users.
mememe

How to program Program Changes

Postby mememe » Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:02 pm

Hi guys
This is a follow-up question on another post of mine("Can't update firmware").
As I can't update firmware I decided to stay with the old firmware and stay equally with the old editors(the new ones seem to block the whole thing).My specific problem is the following.I need to program the 10 keys of the Softstep 1 to change patterns on my Elektron Oktatrack so key one sends PC 1 and it gives me the first pattern on the OKT,key two sends PC2 and it gives me the second pattern on the OKT and so on.I could use the Program change scene that comes with the SS and it does the job but the only problem is that PC1(key 1) gives me Pat 2 on the OKT,PC2 (key 2) gives Pat3 and PC 10( key 0) gives me Pat 1.But I wanted:PC1 (key 1) to give Pat 1,PC 2(key 2) to give Pat 2 and PC10 (key 0 ) to give Pat 10.I tried to figure it out on the basic editor reading the Mod lines but I can' t do what I I want .Any help out there?
Thks a lot
mememe

Re: How to program Program Changes

Postby mememe » Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:12 pm

Sorry. Obviously I was trying this on the "advanced editor" not the "basic" one".
TheSupport@KMI

Postby TheSupport@KMI » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:39 pm

If you want specific program change numbers, set the following up on each key:

Source = Foot On
Table = Linear
Min = the program change number you want to send
Max = the program change number you want to send
Parameter Destination = Program
Device/Route = Expander

The above method will actually output the same program message twice per key press (one for pressing the key, one for releasing the key). I would recommend setting the Table to "Toggle" to make it only send one, but on the older editors (1.21 and lower) there is a bug in Standalone mode where the message will only output once if the min and max are sent to the same value while using the Toggle table. If you're in Hosted mode this bug doesn't happen, it's only in Standalone. I'm just assuming you're using Standalone mode.

If we can get your firmware not updating worked out this bug has been squashed for the 2.0 software/firmware.
2, 3, 5, 13, 89, 233, 1597, 28657, 514229, 433494437, 2971215073
mememe

Postby mememe » Thu May 01, 2014 2:32 pm

Hi guys from the Technical support team.
First of all thanks for the prompt response (it is me who is late in reacting-lack of time).It really shows you 're listening.
Thanks it was very helpful.I managed to programm my PCs.
PSUnfortunately I could'nt update my firmware even with the trick used by some 12 step users(disconnecting the softstep).

Return to “SoftStep Users' Help Exchange”