Foot on 127 - Foot off 0 / How ??

Get help from other SoftStep users.
Morten

Foot on 127 - Foot off 0 / How ??

Postby Morten » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:32 am

I just need to make all the buttons go like the above to work with a looper VST..

Sadly I guess I need to go to the Advanced Editor for that - but somehow cannot get around all the variables on that page..

That page looks like back in the days when computer was just born and only usable for a limited number of code experts.. :geek: :geek:

Help I´m just a simple musician trying to make a simple button go Foot on = 127, Foot Off 0

All the best
Morten
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Re: Foot on 127 - Foot off 0 / How ??

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:11 am

That's how the Note preset behaves in the basic editor (unless you're using CC's which you didn't specify)
but since you asked about the advanced editor - use the 'Foot On' source with a Min of 0 and and a Max of 127. Then select your desired output data type and number.
Like this:
Screen Shot 2015-02-20 at 8.10.11 AM.png
Morten

Postby Morten » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:54 am

I works.. I´m not sure what goes on in your second line.. I need both lines right??

Summing up:

To use a midi CC command like I described I need to use the advanced editor with two command lines.

I guess that means I need to always have the advanced editor running to use the Softstep as a switch. If I always need an advance mode to do this, then how will I be able to trigger loops on an iPad ???

With regards to looping: Toggle means you have to double click every time to trigger a loop, then click again to reset to zero, so you can trigger the loop again.. A button that send out 127 and resets to 0 - is far more usable for many task in my opinion.

To me that´s a basic functionality that should reside in the Basic editor :D
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:29 am

You don't need 2 lines, the second line is deactivated (the number next to the line is not illuminated indicating it is inactive). All keys have a minimum of two modlines.

You don't need to have the advanced editor running to use this setup. You can send this setup to the device when the editor is in Standalone Mode (click the big HOSTED button in the editor) by putting the preset in your setlist and hitting 'Send to Softstep' after you have saved it.

CC triggers are far less common than note triggers, which is why that is absent from the basic editor.

A possible solution (if you're intent on using the basic editor) is to set the min and max values of the CC toggle to 127. Every foot press will send a CC number with a value of 127. This assumes that your looping software/hardware doesn't do anything with the CC value of 0.
Morten

Postby Morten » Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:02 pm

Thanks.. Everything you described has worked. :)

My focus on the Basic Editor was purely down to the non plug and play feeling of setting up the switches for the looper...

I thought looping was a common feature for use with a board like this..

Anyway the board feels really nice and non chunky and since I can upload the settings to the device it´s all god.

All the best
Morten

Return to “SoftStep Users' Help Exchange”