Toggle,Leds,presets on axe fx ii

Get help from other SoftStep users.
john mor

Toggle,Leds,presets on axe fx ii

Postby john mor » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:58 pm

Hi.
I am using a softstep 2 with fractal's axe fx ii.I've mapped some effect blocks to the pads on toggle mode.For example i have a preset on the axe,that has a drive pedal ON.When i recall that preset,the SS led for that pad is not on,while the drive pedal is.And then i have to press it 2 times to work as it should.
I don't know much about midi.Should the axe send some kind of message to the SS?I connected both midi in and out cables to the midi expander,enabled midi out/through from the axe but nothing changed.
I searched the forum,but i don't even know what to type as a question for that.Sorry if this has been answered.
Anyway,i'm happy though with the softstep,it's a good combo with the axe.If only i knew how to program it,lol.
Thanks.
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Re: Toggle,Leds,presets on axe fx ii

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:48 am

john mor wrote:For example i have a preset on the axe,that has a drive pedal ON.When i recall that preset,the SS led for that pad is not on,while the drive pedal is.And then i have to press it 2 times to work as it should.

So when you recall the preset on the Axe, you want the LEDs on the SS to reflect the parameters the corresponding keys are mapped to on the Axe?

This might not be possible. It depends on the MIDI implementation of the the Axe FX II. I can't find any information on how to configure the Axe to send out CC messages corresponding to it's FX states on preset change. Without that capability, you may be out of luck.
john mor

Postby john mor » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:31 am

TheOtherSupport@KMI wrote:So when you recall the preset on the Axe, you want the LEDs on the SS to reflect the parameters the corresponding keys are mapped to on the Axe?

Yes,that's exactly what i want.For live use,this is going to be a problem.I wonder how noone has ever complained about that on the fractal's forum.
I will ask there too.Thanks for the reply!
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:21 am

Let me know if you get any info over there on MIDI out for this purpose.
I'd be more than happy to help you set this up if it's possible to do with the Axe.

Return to “SoftStep Users' Help Exchange”