Ideas for triggering latching and releasing pads and drone sounds with my softstep

Get help from other SoftStep users.
RustyP

Ideas for triggering latching and releasing pads and drone sounds with my softstep

Postby RustyP » Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:01 am

Hi folks,

I'm a singer guitarist, I lead worship and perform solo often. I would like to be able to trigger pads with my feet. I have a softstep, and intend to use it with my IOS devices.

Sometimes these pads will play for several minutes, for example a pad playing G/D and I'll play and sing over the top of that in key of G for a four or five minute song. It doesn't make sense
to have to keep my foot on the button for that long.

On other songs, I may want to play along with my chord changes, so, song is in key of D, I want to play pads for D chord, A chord, G chord as I play the progression. Pads should trigger on press, and then, hopefully change on the press of the next key.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to set this up with softstep? I know that the twelveStep is more suited for this, but I only want to use one board for this, and other tasks.

KMI support told me that one way would be to use the "all notes off" command, but that some apps may not recognize this command.

So, if you have a suggestion of how to set up the softstep, and also which IOS apps may respond best to the setup for this task, I'd appreciate it.

I currently own
Garageband Thumjam, Synthmaster, BS16I, Sunriser xs. If necessary, I could get another.

Thank you so much!

Rusty

Return to “SoftStep Users' Help Exchange”