Pitch Bend

Get help from other SoftStep users.
Pressure

Pitch Bend

Postby Pressure » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:22 pm

Just received my Softstep 2 a couple days ago, and I'm having some success with MIDI mapping Toggle Switches, Volume Faders, Triggers, etc.

However I've run into a bit of a block with getting my Softstep to send pitch bend messages. I can set it up in the advanced editor so that, say, "Pressure Live" is mapped to "Pitch Bend"... but pressing the pad with increasing pressure won't affect the pitch of my instrument. I may be misinterpreting how PB messages work, or I may be setting things up incorrectly. I want to be able to either use the Softstep pad's X-Y capability or pressure capability to bend the MIDI note I am playing.

If I MIDI map the key to a parameter like Panning, increasing pressure does move the pan knob. But I can't get the instrument to bend (and I know that it is capable of bending because I can draw in PB automation in the clip and hear the result... I currently have the range set at -24 to +24 semitones.

I'm on OSX 10.11.2, using Ableton Live 9, and a Softstep 2. Here's an image of my Live Preferences and of my Advanced Editor Preferences for the key in question. Any help anyone could provide would be great! TIA!

Return to “SoftStep Users' Help Exchange”