Sensitivity adjustment in basic editor?

Get help from other SoftStep users.
ericpburt

Sensitivity adjustment in basic editor?

Postby ericpburt » Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:14 am

I am a guitar player. I use my softstep as a midi trigger pedal with my Boss Sampletrack, to trigger sound effects, musical sequences etc. Sometimes when I press the pad down (with my foot) nothing happens, causing me to miss a trigger, or hit it late. I also have to press very hard as it is to get it to work, which is difficult when wearing shoes, so I go barefoot and press hard with my big toe or ball of my foot. is there a way to adjust the sensitivity in the basic editor? It would make it so much easier if I could just tap the pad as I am playing guitar and singing at the same time. Hope someone can help!
ericpburt

Re: Sensitivity adjustment in basic editor?

Postby ericpburt » Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:36 am

Just to clarify, I know there is a box called sensitivity, but what does the # in the box represent? How can I make this easier?
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Re: Sensitivity adjustment in basic editor?

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:17 am

The SS should be really responsive and only require a tap.

Are you using an SS1 or SS2?
Have you tried reinstalling the firmware?

You should connect the device to the Advanced Editor in Hosted Mode, bring up the Notes, prressure preset, and monitor the response of the keys in one of the keys modline windows. If the key fails to send data when minimal pressure is applied, you should adjust the sensitivity in the settings menu, or the gain in the modline.

Return to “SoftStep Users' Help Exchange”