softstep not responding

Get help from other SoftStep users.
taittinger

softstep not responding

Postby taittinger » Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:14 am

My Softstep (number two of the three I've bought so far) has started intermittently not responding. I'm using it in standalone. It will work perfectly well, then stop sending midi after a few minutes' use (lights and LEDs stay on). If I unplug it and plug it back in, it starts working again, but obviously this is a disaster in a live situation. I'm on tour right now, and once again regretting being dependent on what is turning out to be a highly unreliable piece of technology. Has anyone experienced this issue and can suggest a fix? Thank you!

To continue the complaint, I do have a spare Softstep, thank god, but it's really unresponsive and hard to use...I have to basically stomp on the keys to get it to work, and half the time they don't respond on the first press, which is also a disaster in a live situation. The sensitivity settings are exactly the same as the other pedal, but its response is radically different, so obviously it's an issue with this particular pedal. Dear Keith Mcmillen, et al.: how about some quality control on your end?
Otis Scarecroe

Re: softstep not responding

Postby Otis Scarecroe » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:40 am

I'm going to repost this here. Seems appropriate:

Have you contacted KMI Support directly and received no reply?
Here: support@keithmcmillen.com

They have made it clear that this forum exchange is for "users" to exchange info only, with an occasional
response from KMI techs. See: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=247

It's probably a good idea to keep poking at Support's home email and report any info /solutions here for general user consumption.Also, report lack of response, if any. Keeps everything on the up and up!

Respect,O

Return to “SoftStep Users' Help Exchange”