Repeat question: who's using multiple functions per button?

Get help from other SoftStep users.
Otis Scarecroe

Repeat question: who's using multiple functions per button?

Postby Otis Scarecroe » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:31 pm

Anybody having "real success" (HEY moderators,turn on the BBcode for real, please) with the Softstep as advertised.
You know, "5 degrees of multi-touch freedom" ?

I'm really curious about this, as mine still sits in a drawer out of my frustration.

Thanks for any response.

O
Otis Scarecroe

Re: Repeat question: who's using multiple functions per butt

Postby Otis Scarecroe » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:17 pm

ANYBODY????

NOBODY???
jobot

Postby jobot » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:04 am

Ive setup multiple "pres live"s on the same pad, so a pad is sending out multiple different cc's with different gains and such. Setup up a couple pads with x y pres and pres live on the same pad. But it wasnt easy having to constantly redownload and check to see if it transfered right and then have the editor not store setting and scramble settings, and the softstep locking up and not responding even after unpluggin replugging and reopening closing the software, and have the softstep dump all the info i put in it. But dont get me wrong, when the softstep works, its great. When it works.
pmgo

Postby pmgo » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:55 am

i have some buttons with 2 functions, and some with one. my feet are to big to have a successful x-y pad though. I've decided to instead of trying to get one scene with pedalls tht do lots of stuff, I use softsteps ability to store scenes. So I have multiple scenes I scroll through which do different things in ableton live, like a global scenee, then different scenes for effects on different tracks, I have a few scenes dedicated to midi notes, and 2 scenes that control the drumrack in veiw. I'm always adding and adjusting these. but to answer your question I so use multiple functions, but at most I would have 3 modlines programed. thats just for me though. I'm sure some others have all 6 modlines going.
jobot

Postby jobot » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:29 am

I have actually started using my heel for x y stuff. I also discovered that i cant have 6 modlines on every pad in standalone, bummer
Otis Scarecroe

Postby Otis Scarecroe » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:51 pm

Thanks guys!
Hope others post here as well !!

O
paulk

Postby paulk » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:10 pm

I have used each button to set different midi notes (create chords), send PC & CC messages and automatically change Preset Modulation.
Wish KMI would update the software and fix known bugs!
About to experiment with self adhesive rubber bumbers on different places on each button/key, to facilitate hitting the button/key when & where I want to.
Thanks
jobot

Postby jobot » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:26 pm

I have been meaning to try those bumper things, keep forgetting to pick them up while im out
DaveDraper

Postby DaveDraper » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:21 am

I am.
Not with the KMI software though. I've built a bidule setup to implement it, using the raw data (CCs) from each of the four sensors in the pads to control four separate functions. Takes some pretty delicate footwork (Rubber bumpers + I sit down for my gigs!), but the combination of that plus scripts to control mobius looper gives quite a bit of flexibility. Doesn't eat up 1GB of RAM either!
All those fantasies of volume/pan/wah-wah/pitch/switching control on just one pad though? Forget it!!
Dave
Otis Scarecroe

Postby Otis Scarecroe » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:46 am

Hey Dave,

Thanks for that. It answers my question about the true capabilities of the SS.

Respect,O

Return to “SoftStep Users' Help Exchange”