Repeat question: who's using multiple functions per button?

Get help from other SoftStep users.
DaveDraper

Re: Repeat question: who's using multiple functions per butt

Postby DaveDraper » Thu May 30, 2013 11:05 pm

You're welcome! Not many of us out here it seems - or bothering to read this forum :) - but here's the latest instalment if it's useful....

http://www.plogue.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6620#p35476

Now all I need is a bidule to initialise the SS to send out raw CCs for me......

Dave
adamqlw

Postby adamqlw » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:53 pm

I just built a patch using top/bottom on each button in hosted mode. This gives me 20 discrete and immediately accessible commands, instead of 10 (1 per patch). I don't think this is the "full potential" of the softstep, but I'm pretty darn happy with it.

Would be happier if the SoftStep host didn't eat up 1GB of RAM though... dying to see an update!
mocker

Postby mocker » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:22 pm

Hi ! for instance, I'm using the same pad to control both Volume (with relative CCs ! great) and Clear (double press) of a Looper in Ableton Live 9.
I'm using Bome Midi Translator (of course) for that. The SS is sending 2 modlines. The first feeds a series of translators in BMT ( providing relative volume control) and the second is a double trig going directly into Live.

Also using counters a lot in BMT, so I can use the same pads for different successive actions (ie. press 1 FX1, press 2 FX2, press 3 FX3 etc.); Or REC, Overdub, Play in Live's Looper…

It works just great.

Thanks to 'dhrray' for the relative CCs !
rad3d

Postby rad3d » Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:37 pm

All the time.

I trigger loops in Ableton, sometimes sending one 'note on' with a 'foot on', and another 'note on' message with a 'foot off'. This allows me to trigger 2 different sounds on the same button.

In other situations, I will play full chords (3-4 note ons) through Ableton instruments. Since I use a single Ableton track to manage all instruments in a rack, I sometimes need to send CC from the SoftStep with the chord to have Ableton move to the proper Chain Selection.

To the same button, I then might add several lines of CC to control our lighting rig (DMXis)

And then, I might also use some additional modlines to control LED feedback displays on the SoftStep.

So, very rarely do I use a single modline per button.

Return to “SoftStep Users' Help Exchange”