Why Gain 127?

Get help from other SoftStep users.
altmuse

Why Gain 127?

Postby altmuse » Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:55 pm

Hey folks,

I'm checking out the "Using Ableton with Soft Step" in the 1.2 Manual and am sure that there is a reason however I am not clear on what it is, for setting the gain on a Foot On's mod line to 127 to launch a clip. It's set to a MIDI note number to be MIDI learned by LIVE. I've tried re-setting the Foot ON to a default gain of 1. and it works fine. Can someone enlighten me? I'm sure that there is a good reason here to use 127 instead but can't figure out why.

dough!(sic), AK
jobot

Re: Why Gain 127?

Postby jobot » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:03 am

I was using the softstep with a copy of ableton 5 and i was setting pres live with a gain of 127 for the on/off switch for effects because ableton was inconsistent with efx on/off with out the mod gain really high, not sure if the same apply to note number for clip launching
altmuse

Re: Why Gain 127?

Postby altmuse » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:18 am

Kul...was thinking that might be it, yeah clips launch have seemed like the Loopers Multi transport button... it'll eat anything!!

One tip...I also MIDI learn track focus from each Key pad for the device that it's engaging so that I see what I'm doing if the effects span is greater than the MAC window. :)

Return to “SoftStep Users' Help Exchange”