BIGFOOT MODE

Get help from other SoftStep users.
vanceg

Re: BIGFOOT MODE

Postby vanceg » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:57 pm

Kaspar - Yes, indeed: Using RAW is a neat way to go. While I don't mind programming in Max, I'd rather not be running it all the time. Even more importantly, perhaps, is that simplifying the use and operation of the SoftStep is something I'd like to encourage. But we all know that capturing the power of flexibility that's built into such a product, while also making it easy to use and simple to understand is a very significant challenge. That's why I love the Modline, and your approach of using MAX: Two approaches which address different levels of flexibility.

I had heard the comment that it's somewhat hard to control the up/down increment from several others, and also experienced it myself in some situations....so i was simply trying to propose a solution.

Yes, Indeed, Keith: This would pose a bit of a UI complication. But, we already do have the "Y x 10 + Key" which is an example of "cross key communication".

Similar to Kaspar's suggestion:
If I could add the value of one Key's output to the value of another Key's output on a Modline, that would enable this feature: Set pressure of one key to output positive values and the other one to output negative values, and it should work. But right now we can't do math between modlines (no adding one modline to another).
kasper_toeplitz

Postby kasper_toeplitz » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:08 am

euh.......

on this list there is a KASPAR, but me, I'm called KASPER

minor detail, but, well, not the same person!

best

kasper
vanceg

Postby vanceg » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:35 pm

What's even worse, Kasper, is that you and I have met several times and I still messed up spelling of your name. Sorry my friend!

We met though Zbigniew, I do belive...though it may have been through Naut Humon in San Francisco.
We've also talked in the distant past about your multi-string controller bass (BassComputer, if I remember correctly) and attaching controllers to instruments.

Anyway - I'll be more careful in the future!

Vance Galloway
kasper_toeplitz

Postby kasper_toeplitz » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:02 am

;-)
Keith
Head Honcho

Postby Keith » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:08 pm

We plan to add a "per key" inc dec function. this will live in the expanded Table / Function section of the Modline. You can set, inc, or dec a counter from a key or other sources. I believe this will take care of you big of foot people. It is a bit of work so may not make it into 1.2 but it is high on the list.

-Keith
vanceg

Postby vanceg » Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:59 pm

Great news, Keith! Thanks for that look into the near future and thanks for being responsive to needs/requests!

Return to “SoftStep Users' Help Exchange”