Request List So Far

Share your wishes for the future of SoftStep.
soundog

Request List So Far

Postby soundog » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:25 am

1. Need to change/save custom alphanumeric LED titles in Standalone mode.

2. Need all of the missing "not available in Standalone mode" features. I feel left out just because I stand alone.

3. Need a parameter to enable ability to ignore accidental "bounce" triggers or retriggers which can, for example, inadvertently stop a started loop recording (for example) milliseconds after hitting a button, especially with gain turned up. This could just be a retrigger window setting in ms. Please?

4. Not sure if this is already available. If not: with an expression pedal attached, I would like to be able to assign which buttons it effects. For example, lets assume I want the pedal to always control my guitar volume (CC#) by default EXCEPT when I have button #4 toggled true; then I want it to send a different CC# to effect delay feedback, for example, and NOT change guitar volume. When button 4 is toggled off, pedal resumes default guitar volume control.
mocker

Re: Request List So Far

Postby mocker » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:12 am

Yeah, missing features in SA. + 1
Especially "initial value'. Pretty annoying not to have it.
Keith
Head Honcho

Postby Keith » Thu May 05, 2011 3:42 pm

Hi,

We will be implementing a few new triggers in the 1.2 release of SoftStep standalone. This will include an "Init Trig" which will fire once after the scene is selected - useful for "Init" ing a value.

Possibly a "Long Trig" to address the Loop bump UhOh.

We re talking about huge difference in CPU power for Hosted vs Standalone - like 1000:1 . While we continue to add features to Standalone, it will be challenging to get it to behave exactly like Hosted.

-Keith
mocker

Postby mocker » Fri May 06, 2011 2:23 am

Good ! And do you have an idea about 1.2 release date ?
Keith
Head Honcho

Postby Keith » Fri May 06, 2011 2:34 pm

We are working on many fronts. This will include an EZ Editor for simple Scene creation, improvements to our main application which will make it smaller and faster, the Standalone additions, a required 1.1 to 1.2 Scene converter and a 1.2 Scene Librarian which will be faster and smaller. And numerous improvements, fixes, GUI cleanups, etc.

Much of this is functioning, but as you know the work is getting it everything behaving all the time, and on Windows as well as Mac.

So weeks not months. But maybe a month of weeks? I'll try to give an update as we approach release and we will likely offer components individually for Beta.

Thanks - Keith
mocker

Postby mocker » Sat May 07, 2011 12:30 am

Very good. Thanks a lot for this detailed answer. It feels comforting to see you're listening to everything that's discussed here. The future looks bright :-)
soundog

Postby soundog » Mon May 09, 2011 11:48 am

Thanks for the reply, great to know you are monitoring the forums and working to add to standalone. I didn't stop to think that hosted mode will naturally have more horsepower. I don't know what processor is onboard the unit, so you'll have to be selective in features that will be downloadable.

I also don't know how much memory is onboard, but it would seem there should be room to load user-defined alphanumeric scene names, as they are only 4 digits each. Seems trivial. That would be helpful.

BTW, because of the SoftStep I am making another push into computer-based performance and had my last performance last week with just a SoftStep on the floor instead of a pedalboard the size of coffee table. The SoftStep performed flawlessly, using Logic Pro with Pedalboard plugin, Mobius looper, and a Novation Nocturn as an audio mixer.

FYI, I didn't have any loop false retriggers/bounces after fine tuning the global sensitivity. I am also thinking that the sole material of shoes worn, and the floor surface (carpet with pad vs hardwood or tile) makes a subtle difference in response of the SS, which makes physical sense. The gig was on tile, and I wore hard rubber soles.
taittinger

Postby taittinger » Tue May 10, 2011 11:35 am

could i add a "ditto" to the request for custom LED titles in standalone mode? i just switched from hosted and it's really disconcerting not having them any more...but performance has definitely improved in standalone. except that my left nav pad button has completely stopped working...in both modes. is it possible that the sensor could have died in the few months i've been working with the softstep?
soundog

Postby soundog » Wed May 11, 2011 11:19 am

taittinger -

in standalone mode, have you tried opening your NAV settings using the host sw, tweaking if necessary, and then doing a Download? I had a bit of trouble with my east NAV button toggling incorrectly, and this fixed it.

Return to “SoftStep Feature Wishlist”