two feet = multitouch!!

Share your wishes for the future of SoftStep.
gamuso

two feet = multitouch!!

Postby gamuso » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:53 am

hi, i just bought my softstep and i am very surprised that this wonderful all-in-one-sensor machine is "mono-touch"!!

what!?

we have two feet (not even to mention that we could want to press two pads with the same foot), so i was making a project with ableton live launching notes and sounds, and i was shock when i realized i could not press another pad if i didn´t stop press the last (which i would keep pressing, for example, for the "repeat launch mode" in the ableton clips).

is this a limitation of the firmware? or it is the same hardware so it will never be improved?

cheers
SarahKMI
KMI Moderator

Re: two feet = multitouch!!

Postby SarahKMI » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:26 am

In the Settings window there is a feature called "Multiple Key Mode Enable". Turn this on and save the settings preset. If you're in Standalone mode be sure to re-download the scene so the changes can take effect. Now you should be able to press multiple keys at once. Hope that helps!

-Sarah Howe
gamuso

Re: two feet = multitouch!!

Postby gamuso » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:48 am

great! it works.
thanks sarah for your quick reply.
what about sending the velocity of a midi note? i am shure this must be possible, but i just don´t get how...

i want to press a pad and, depending on the pressure, send the velocity of the note, as the drum pads.

is this possible??

thanks....

Return to “SoftStep Feature Wishlist”