EL off that actually saves it's settings

Share your wishes for the future of SoftStep.
dirk

EL off that actually saves it's settings

Postby dirk » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:00 am

I have it set to be off in a preset I created, yet every time I restart even though the light is off in the control panel, the pedal is actually lit. I have to go into control panel and switch it on and off to turn it off.
Just the ability to turn off the lights to prevent noise issues permanently would be fine.
Dirk
NoFi

Re: EL off that actually saves it's settings

Postby NoFi » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:55 am

+1, this is still going on with 1.2 software although it the EL state is saved as OFF.
Is still has to be turned on and off by hand before the lights go off... until the next time softstep is plugged in.
NoFi

Postby NoFi » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:35 am

Well, i just did what is said in the FAQ and they now stay off.:-)

"In order for the EL to stay off even when unplugging and plugging back in, go into Standalone mode's Settings window to change the EL setting, save your settings, and then download this to the board by clicking the "download" button in the main window. This should download your new settings to your SoftStep and the lights should stay off. "
dirk

Postby dirk » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:54 pm

Hey NoFi,
Thanks for the clues to solve the issue. Indeed that would be the proper solution, and I guess it makes sense with the differences between stand alone and hosted modes. I will still say this is a workaround and since I really only use hosted mode, it should be fixable in hosted mode.

That said, I'm still happy as a clam the lights stay off every time I plug it in now.
Cheers and thanks,
Dirk

Return to “SoftStep Feature Wishlist”