Online database for controller presets/scenes

Share your wishes for the future of SoftStep.
Venn

Online database for controller presets/scenes

Postby Venn » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:55 pm

Would be cool to have an online database for sharing presets/scenes
Especially for old "hardware" synths and fx processors, but also for computer stuff.

There are already some good presets installed with the software, but still people use the software in different ways and it would be inspiring to check out each others presets.

Venn
Otis Scarecroe

Re: Online database for controller presets/scenes

Postby Otis Scarecroe » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:00 pm

Is there a list of the soft ware presets.With the standalone beta ("read me") package at least? Perhaps the written list could be posted here on the forum. I've not seen one.That would be a good place to start sharing.
I'm still waiting for windows standalone before I even bother to dive in.
I've plenty of other things to work on until that arrives.
Thanks,O
Keith
Head Honcho

Re: Online database for controller presets/scenes

Postby Keith » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:22 am

Hi,

Agreed - we are working on having places on the forum for Scenes and setups for MIDI devices and software apps. Tom just got the uploading feature working yesterday for the Forum.

We will include more scenes with 1.1 (check Sarah's Announcements for RC1) and we keep adding setups for devices. The new firmware includes six factory Standalone Scenes for easy out of box use - two of them are set up for Line6 Pod and Avid 11 Rack. A lot of these (like Live sets) are in the zip on downloads but the need to make it easy to share and access with others is essential. See attachments for description of the scenes.

We will probably have two headings: one for Hardware and one for Software. Each with appropriate Scenes and target setups. The Scene Librarian will be a welcome tool to really make this easy - so we will crank up the effort on the librarian this week.

Thanks - Keith
Attachments
SoftStep_Quick_Start_2011_02_16.zip
Factory Scenes - Expander setup
(626.93 KiB) Downloaded 212 times

Return to “SoftStep Feature Wishlist”