"Export Selected Presets" function

Share your wishes for the future of SoftStep.
Peter Laustsen

"Export Selected Presets" function

Postby Peter Laustsen » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:09 am

Hi there!

Maybe I'm just a newbie, but I think the whole export of old presets to new software versions is pretty shady.

I've used many hours to customize my presets and the file names in the "presets>hosted" folder doesn't really give you any info on what they contain. Maybe change the file names to something more logic?

I wish for a "export selected presets" function!
- Regards from
Peter Laustsen
mocker

Re: "Export Selected Presets" function

Postby mocker » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:57 am

+ 1 a hundred times !
Still too confusing and why would we want to erase the new factory presets ? For the moment that's the only way, pretty strange.
Keith
Head Honcho

Postby Keith » Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:47 am

Hi,

SoftStep presets are several layers deep for each each and different for Hosted vs. Standalone. It is effectively a "bundle" with numerous components.

We are actively working on a Scene Librarian. I have attached a rough functional image of what we intend for this app to accomplish. The final will be more polished and smaller.

In addition we tag what SS version made a given Scene or preset folder so we should be able to drag forward older presets - I know I hate loosing work when I upgrade my software.

I know you understand we are breaking new ground here. We have so much experience with other software tools. Like if you know Logic and open Audacity it is a pretty easy sideways learning curve.

No one has had to learn how to work with a soft foot-controller before SoftStep so we are all learning new methods and work flow. Your feedback is most valuable in helping shape and fine tune the interface.

Thanks - Keith

Your feedback
Attachments
SS_Scene_Librarian.tiff
Functional flow of Scene librarian
(148.71 KiB) Downloaded 115 times
mocker

Postby mocker » Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:21 am

Very promising. Thanks Keith.
Peter Laustsen

Postby Peter Laustsen » Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:48 am

Hi Keith!

First of all, I respect your work so much... the softstep has kick started my looping adventure yet again! Thanks a lot for that.

I do realize that there'll be many wishes here since the members of this forum seems to be very dedicated to helping out developing the whole thing. Your pics looks great, it's in the works and I'm very impressed that you take the time to answer posts here on the forum.

10+ thumbs up from Norway! 8)
- Regards from
Peter Laustsen
Keith
Head Honcho

Postby Keith » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:09 am

Thanks for the kind words and support. I make all these things because I need them to play music. So I am always glad to get feedback from other musicians.

I have been looping since 1975 (two Sony Tape decks) and believe it is a great example of technology influencing art. I expect to see many more example and want to get my two cents in as to how all this evolves. Check out my other life at www.beamfoundation.org .

We need better smarter more inspiring tools. As a "little guy" we can make products that do not have to be an incremental change due to marketing surveys from corporate.

But we do listen to customers directly and this conversation truly helps us fine tune and create. So keep it coming.

- Keith

Return to “SoftStep Feature Wishlist”