Another new kickstarter product but no softstep update

Share your wishes for the future of SoftStep.
SLP

Another new kickstarter product but no softstep update

Postby SLP » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:00 pm

I see another new product is in the works. Hope to see support for old ones soon. Seams the digital era is creating a lot of products which may have a short life span because of limited life support. With all respect I hope to see a soft step update soon fixing various bugs and wish list items. I don't mean to be bashing, and service has been great.
Last edited by SLP on Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
soundog

Re: Another new kickstarter product but no softstep update

Postby soundog » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:42 pm

...thinking about putting my softstep on Ebay and cashing out.....no love from the Keith McMillen team. Pity.
juancho

Postby juancho » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:08 am

I totally agree with you SLP and Soundog!!

I'm a new owner of the Softstep (since September 2012) and i'm already considering going back to my Behringer FCB1010 because of the crappy and veeeery buggy editor for SoftStep!!

And i feel cheated on my money but most of all on my trust as a KMI customer because they promised so much in the promotion ads of the SS but none of it was as good as they promised! The hardware is a bliss but trying to program it is a nightmare!

Bloody hell, its even easier to edit my old FCB1010 with my feet than editing the SS with the editor!

And by the looks of it they don't seem to care about us the SoftStep customers! Just look at the KMI staff abscense in the forums....its scandalous...

I hope it wasn't just empty promises when they sent us the SS survey...
We'll just have to wait and see.

Over and out
Juan
face

Postby face » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:19 pm

juancho wrote:And by the looks of it they don't seem to care about us the SoftStep customers! Just look at the KMI staff abscense in the forums....its scandalous...

SoftStep Users' Help Exchange: "Get help from other SoftStep Users" And TheSupport@KMI seems to be responding to threads. So, not too sure what you're talking about.

If you want a response about something, submit a support ticket: http://www.keithmcmillen.com/support/ They've always gotten back to me.
juancho

Postby juancho » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:45 pm

Contacting the support wont make the editor less buggy...:-(
jshort
KMI Moderator

Postby jshort » Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:02 pm

Hey guys it's hard for us to get to all the forum pages! We are working on a SoftStep update and we sent out this survey to our registered users a while back. If you have a chance please fill out this brief survey to help us know what to focus on. We really want to hear your feedback and improve the SoftStep experience for everyone. All of our customers are appreciated and not forgotten. Thank you for your business and your support.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/RCPS5TC
futureGlue

Postby futureGlue » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:31 am

....and the update is due when?

Sorry to harp about this but I shelved my soft step over a year ago because of the buggy and complicated software.

Now I finally have the courage to pick it up again. I have all these ideas for the (buggy/limited) expression pedal. I go on the website thinking there will be an update and low and behold ALMOST TWO YEARS since the last update. Are you kidding?

Abandonware? I hope not.

This is very disappointing....
SLP

Postby SLP » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:33 am

They have recently posted that they are currently working on it. I don't think our gripes or complaints are going to move them any faster unfortunately.

Its probably Keith's decision as to how much resources they put into up dating and Id rather see the company survive than fail. And compared to some of my akai gear it's still better quality and I assume that company is huge.

I now also use a quneo and would say that editor is much better, so I hope that the new ss editor is better as well.

Curious what bugs have kept you from using the ss?

Return to “SoftStep Feature Wishlist”