Testers wanted for new 12 Step editor beta!

Get help from other 12 Step users
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Testers wanted for new 12 Step editor beta!

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:58 pm

Hello 12 Step users!

We are looking for users willing to test the 12 step editors for both Mac and Windows. If you are interested please visit http://www.keithmcmillen.com/12step/beta and fill out the form. We will get in touch when the beta is ready for user testing.
chrisg

Re: Testers wanted for new 12 Step editor beta!

Postby chrisg » Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:42 am

Is this the thread where we will be discussing the beta test?
chrisg

Postby chrisg » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:31 am

First off- Thank you for not forgetting about the 12-step users. I am sure we will have lots to talk about during this process.

Well, the first thing I noticed from a software point of view is that when I have the 12 step controlling a VSTi ( IK's sample moog) with the new 12-step editor, changing presets and sending the change via the "Send To 12 Step" is not working the way I would think it would. Am I missing something? I'll pick a preset via the presets box and click Send to 12-step. The 12-step says load, the new editor shows the change under Display Name but the actual preset on the 12-step stays on the previous preset along with the LEDs.

There was a window that popped up quickly while opening for the first time saying something about re-loading presets but went away before I had a chance to really read it. However in the 12-step Tool Bar File drop down there is a import all presets from V1.0 Is that necessary to fix the above issue or just an option.

Otherwise, I am very excited for the new editor. Thank you again. I have only had the beta version 45 minutes and the unit feels more responsive over all. I Hope more people join in the fun. Is there a list of changes that were made somewhere? I'll look around, but it would be nice to know what changes were made.

Thanks guys for the new editor.
Chris

P.S. I was told to upgrade firmware when I opened the new editor for the first time and that worked perfectly. I am now A2.

System MBP, 2.8 ghz, intel core 2 duo. 4 gigs ram running 10.6.8
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:58 am

We can definitely discuss the beta here!

To address your first point - The editor and hardware do not work in tandem i.e. making a change in the editor will not be reflected on the hardware. The editor is simply used for editing presets and sending them. You also have to make sure the new preset is the setlist, then you have to select the preste using the hardware, not the editor.

The import presets is just an option, it will have no effect on the behavior described above as that is expected behavior.

The changes that were made were mostly concerned with look/feel, usability, and efficiency. As far as new functionality and features, there really are none.
chrisg

Postby chrisg » Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:44 pm

Ok, thanks for the response. I didn't get much more of a chance after my last post to work with it but I understand what you are saying. I plan on digging in some more tonight. Thxs.
DenisLM

Postby DenisLM » Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:45 am

I downloaded the beta yesterday and install on my MBP retina with mavericks 10.9.4 (yes, the latest one) and worked just fine.
The 12 Step was connected thru a USB hub.
I also imported the presets from my old windows laptop, which I made a image to run on Parallels in the same MBP.
Everything is working!

Just missed the import for the setlist, but not a big deal.
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:55 am

Glad to hear things are working on the newest release of Mavericks!
Let us know any issues/feedback you may have, we'd love to hear about it
mhillmac

Postby mhillmac » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:59 am

Any time frame on Mavericks compatibility? Apple is set to release another OS soon.
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:58 am

Time frame is now!

The public beta is in round three, and it's working like a charm. Let me know if you'd like in.
mhillmac

Postby mhillmac » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:40 am

Absolutely I want in! I tried to sign up for beta, but it said it was full- Let me know what I need to do. Thanks!

Return to “12 Step Users' Help Exchange”