Distinct MIDI Channel Per Note Programmability

Share your wishes for the future of 12 Step
goatghost

Distinct MIDI Channel Per Note Programmability

Postby goatghost » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:10 pm

I love the 12 Step!

Distinct MIDI channel programmability FOR EACH NOTE is one feature I would love to see you implement in a future firmware update.

Right now, all 13 notes on the 12 Step transmit on the same channel (or two channels, from what I understand). This is all fine and good, but my synth does not allow me to "zone" incoming sources. So, I am unable to trigger sounds (or samples) on different channels, depending on whatever note I press.

I would imagine it wouldn't be too difficult to add an option (for each preset) to be able to program each note to send on a distinct MIDI channel, if desired.

If you could let me know about the possibility of this, I would appreciate it.

Thanks!
phill

Re: Distinct MIDI Channel Per Note Programmability

Postby phill » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:42 am

Hello I agree
This would make the 12 step more versatile, that or a simple up down preset button on its own that allowed you to quickly change preset and midi channel if thats saved in a preset, hope it is, without the clumsy stop press select select preset and while your doing this the note you might want to keep playing stops,

Maybe a softstep could be used to quickly change presets?

Phillip
pjefferson

Postby pjefferson » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:07 am

Wish I had seen this. I just posted the exact same request. this would be a great feature for the 12-step and would make it much more versatile. Hopefully KMI will update the software sometime soon if it's possible.
pjefferson

Postby pjefferson » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:33 am

Rumor has it there is a revamp for the 12 step coming soon. Is there a list of features that will be added and did this request make it? ;)

Thank you again KMI for such a great product.
TheSupport@KMI

Postby TheSupport@KMI » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:03 pm

There's no list of what will be added yet (SoftStep will get updated before 12 Step), but I imagine the people who want this (separate settings for individual keys) will be satisfied.
2, 3, 5, 13, 89, 233, 1597, 28657, 514229, 433494437, 2971215073
goatghost

Postby goatghost » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:28 pm

Still ***DYING*** for the "distinct MIDI channel per note" capability. :D

Any word on if/when an update will occur?
LanSolo

Postby LanSolo » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:06 am

So this functionality was originally requested in 2012, and at the end of 2017 we still don't have it! I use my 12-Step for regular live performances, and it is an invaluable tool. But one thing I really, really want is the ability to customize the MIDI channel for each pedal. I often want to access sounds independently from different apps for different parts of a song, but I can't. The 12-Step software / firmware only allows two MIDI channels to be accessed simultaneously for the whole keyboard. (Example: In a couple of songs I want to play an arpeggiator app during the verse, and synth pads during the chorus).

I seems like there hasn't been any update to the functionality of the 12-Step software or firmware for years. Surely this amazing, well-built piece of hardware deserves better.
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:16 am

We haven't done any feature updates for the 12 Step in some time, and we currently have no definitive plans to do so.

Return to “12 Step Feature Wishlist”