VU Meter LiveAPI

metatron

Re: VU Meter LiveAPI

Postby metatron » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:07 am

That would be amazing. Please let us know if you come up with anything.
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:52 am

I did manage to put together a device the turns the vertical sliders into VU meters for the first four tracks. No love following the redbox due to a few things.

I can't access the position via the Live API. The script uses some a variety of functions and properties that can't be observed from M4L. The person who did the script no longer is with us, so they can't open those up for me (and i don't know enough about phython to do it myself).

So I had a workaround, I would just monitor the midi of the navigation arrows and update the meters that way. No love there either. Once a midi message is mapped to move the redbox, Live prevents it from getting into the session. I tested this with a Launchpad and the same thing happens. It seems like a global Live thing, and not something tied to a script.

So there's the update.
metatron

Postby metatron » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:40 pm

Even if it just automatically sets the VU to the first four tracks that still great. It doesn't need to follow the redbox functionality. Could you upload the script or let me know how you were able to accomplish this? Thanks again!

Return to “QuNeo General Discussion”