Can you recommend a stand for the Quneo?

musikmachine

Re: Can you recommend a stand for the Quneo?

Postby musikmachine » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:59 pm

Looks good but i just want to sit the Quneo next to Maschine on the back of my desk, it's so flat it sit's lower than my keyboard! It needs raising up a bit so i can see the pads with Live etc. I'm still not sure how solid that stand is for applying pressure but the reviews say it's one of the best music stands for the ipad.

There's a couple of posts in the tips and tricks thread i was looking at so i may get another one for mounting but the desktop iklip looks to suit my needs best right now, it's inexpensive and can be used in a few different setups. :)
goldenrule

Postby goldenrule » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:34 am

I have a K&M ipad2 Stand
http://www.thomann.de/de/km_19722_ipadhalterung.htm
and it works perfect!
rad3d

Postby rad3d » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:46 am

goldenrule wrote:I have a K&M ipad2 Stand
http://www.thomann.de/de/km_19722_ipadhalterung.htm
and it works perfect!

I originally bought that one, but had issues with it not having enough solid support for 2 of the corners, due to the 3 point support. I had just a little too much give on the top right corner pads. How do you orient your Quneo on this?

For a mic stand mount, though, the K&M definitely has the highest quality hardware.
goldenrule

Postby goldenrule » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:05 am

it works perfect,
it is fixed inside the k&m, no corner probs.
can rotate 90degrees, easy.
rad3d

Postby rad3d » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:56 am

goldenrule wrote:it works perfect,
it is fixed inside the k&m, no corner probs.
can rotate 90degrees, easy.

Can't argue with that! Good to hear it works well for you.

Mine definitely had just enough give on the top right pads to lessen the sensitivity to a point where it was difficult to use. I wonder if some of the K&Ms have tighter fits at the connection point of the holder.
musikmachine

Postby musikmachine » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:40 pm

I'm stuck on whether to get the iklip studio or spend more on something that supports the whole base. It's not for the stage, it's just home use.

Been checking out the US Hyperpad which looks to do it all but there's only a couple of viable desk stands around afaics, i literally just want it to sit on my desk, sofa etc at an angle. I tried a cheap laptop stand today and it was great but no grip so it slides back eventually falling off the desk! So i'm looking at a couple of other options.

I do have a mic stand so mounting is possible but i'd also need a bracket to attach it to my desk which brings me back to the Hyperstand but apparently it's not as robust as the ik stands. Maybe the iklip stand is the best option.
rad3d

Postby rad3d » Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:42 am

musikmachine wrote:I'm stuck on whether to get the iklip studio or spend more on something that supports the whole base. It's not for the stage, it's just home use.

Been checking out the US Hyperpad which looks to do it all but there's only a couple of viable desk stands around afaics, i literally just want it to sit on my desk, sofa etc at an angle. I tried a cheap laptop stand today and it was great but no grip so it slides back eventually falling off the desk! So i'm looking at a couple of other options.

I do have a mic stand so mounting is possible but i'd also need a bracket to attach it to my desk which brings me back to the Hyperstand but apparently it's not as robust as the ik stands. Maybe the iklip stand is the best option.

The Hyperpad stand looks pretty nice, though it looks like it's designed more for putting an iPad at a reading angle, and not something that goes low enough for a playing angle. As cheap as the iKlip Studio is, I'd start there.
musikmachine

Postby musikmachine » Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:54 pm

Yeah i could reinforce it or attach a horizontal base, been testing the sensitivity with it overlapping the edge and it's pretty good so i'm fairly sure the iklip stand would be fine. The arm on the hyperstand is fully adjustable i think but it looks like it could slide about on a desk and you have to detach the lock in bit to use the port.

I love the Quneo anyway,one of the best midi controller to come along in years. :)
musikmachine

Postby musikmachine » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:47 pm

Ordered one today, i'll post an update when i get it. :)
musikmachine

Postby musikmachine » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:25 pm

Got it yesterday, perfect for the desktop. Surprised at how sturdy it is for it's size. Makes editing presets much easier and i can put it to the side when i don't need it, also frees up space for a Qunexus! :D

One issue is it slides forward in the bracket but it sits firmly on the back edge though i have to put a finger on the middle when using the outer controls. Base does spring a bit when pressed but it's firm enough for the pressure, i wouldn't want to try playing it like animal though!

Return to “QuNeo General Discussion”