New Quneo : a few questions

Schmidi

New Quneo : a few questions

Postby Schmidi » Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:34 am

First, hello all! I think this is a really cool controller and quite an upgrade from my LPD8. I've been having decent trial and error luck editing my first preset (Fxpansion Geist- which I'll share when I'm done), but had a few questions.

I'm having a little trouble getting the best response out of the rotaries when assigning them to a pot (0-127 desired vs endless encoder) on my VST. I would have thought the "Direction" value would get the desired effect, but no luck.

Placing a value in Location only, seems to get me the closest response, but the post touch marker never corresponds to the vst's knob mark.

The advanced tab's "Pass Thru Width" does seem to alter this, but I've been unable to make Quneo match the on screen knob position.

Any hints on how to do this?

What does setting a lower vs higher Pass Thru achieve?

Is there any way to make the rotaries act like potentiometers instead of endless encoders?

Thanks,
Schmidi
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Re: New Quneo : a few questions

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:50 am

well the rotaries on the QuNeo don't behave as endless encoders or potentiometers. They are kind of a hybrid interface. They have a fixed value limit, but if you keep rotating it will cycle back to it's lowest value.

Direction is a 2's complement setup, which is useful for doing increment/decrement setups. It gives 127 when going clockwise, and 1 when going counterclockwise. But it will never be tied to the value in your VST unless you send the value from the software to the QuNeo.

Pass thru width is used to help reduce parameter jumps. It defines how close your finger has to be to the current value to start triggering changes. If you have the pass thru width at 127, you can jump anywhere on the rotary. If you have it set to 10, you have to be within 10 values to start triggering changes.
Schmidi

Re: New Quneo : a few questions

Postby Schmidi » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:21 pm

Appreciate the info!

Thanks,

Schmidi

Return to “QuNeo General Discussion”