Editing launchpad Preset

cannoli

Editing launchpad Preset

Postby cannoli » Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:33 am

Is it possible to change some of the controller outputs in the launchpad preset? For instance, I would like to ditch the pan control and replace that with an extra send (send C).

I've been reading the python code of the launchpad preset and it doesn't look to complicated to replace the pan control with an extra send. But how to get this to work? The launchpad preset/template is installed by the template installer, editing the template (which I did) after install of the template doesn't seem to make a difference.
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Re: Editing launchpad Preset

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:55 pm

It wouldn't be tough at all, I modified one of the QuNeo scripts a bit ago for a forum member to have 4 sends instead of volume and pan.

If you'd like to do it yourself, feel free, But if you've never worked with the Live API, and the _framework classes, it can be a little tough to understand. If you have some python experience (or coding in general), it should be pretty easy.
boulderburns

Postby boulderburns » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:31 am

Hi cannoli,

here is the link location to the modified script mentioned above. Note that it is not a modified Launchpad script though. Hope it helps
download/file.php?id=234
cannoli

Postby cannoli » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:41 pm

thanks for the info and the file ! I don't know python, but have experience in coding, so should work this out.
cannoli

Postby cannoli » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:56 am

I think I get how to change the code to add a send, but how do I change the Launchpad preset so Ableton load it? The Launchpad script is installed via an installer, if I change the installed script afterwards, nothing seems to change.
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:48 pm

You modify the proper .py file in the QuNeoLaunchpad folder in midi remote scripts folder of Live. If it's not changing anything then you aren't modifying the correct code. Although usually when you make a mistake, it will break the script and Live won't load it.
Kadivnai

Postby Kadivnai » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:07 am

I just ran some tests and was reliably able to get the pressure CC sent out first. I bumped the on threshold for the pad up to about 50 and that gave me the pressure value first.
We provide guarantee to pass learn a language.com gmat with online exam training Sterling College itil and you can also get best quality Palm Beach Atlantic University mcat along with Northwestern University mcat for your guaranteed success.
turntables

Postby turntables » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:21 am

boulderburns wrote:Hi cannoli,

here is the link location to the modified script mentioned above. Note that it is not a modified Launchpad script though. Hope it helps
download/file.php?id=234

Nice share, for anyone who wants to edit a python file, just use your notepad.

Return to “QuNeo General Discussion”