QuNeo technical/scripting questions

machine_

Re: QuNeo technical/scripting questions

Postby machine_ » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:33 pm

I came here to ask this same question.

My guess is it will probably come out with the next release, apparently when the max SDK is coming out too.
daroo

Postby daroo » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:26 pm

lokey wrote:and this is why the absence of open source is absurd here. All this is just muddying the waters. Come on folks, you talked about an open source hardware platform, what possible reason is there to chose not to release something as live api python scripts? Many other vendors do this as a matter of course. Hardly an unreasonable expectation, and one well with your grasp, which would be entirely seen as a goodwill gesture.

This is old but since I'm a new Quneo owner I'm just going to bump this thread. I've been a little disappointed so far but I do hear the KMI defenders in this forum shouting at users unwilling to dig in and do a little customization. That's a reasonable thing to ask of users of a niche audio product.

So...where are the uncompiled python files? I'm a python developer by day, and while I won't claim to be a wizard (and have never coded an Ableton remote script) I'm somewhat certain I can suss this out, especially with examples.

Is there an explanation for this? I can live with buggy presets and I can live with "here's a kitchen, make some food", but don't lock the cupboards, nahmean?
TomSwirly

Postby TomSwirly » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:49 pm

We note that your reply is almost two years to the day after the previous one...
daroo

Postby daroo » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:04 am

TomSwirly wrote:We note that your reply is almost two years to the day after the previous one...

I had no reason to be posting in this forum, or be aware of its existence, two years ago. Should I have started a new thread?

Or! Or or or! Am I missing something? Has this issue been addressed? Point me to it! I'm eager.

Otherwise, you know, bump, like I said. Plz advise.
TomSwirly

Postby TomSwirly » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:08 am

No, no!

Sorry, tone of voice fails on the net.

What I mean is that we posted on this two years ago, and now you're posting on the same topic now, and nothing has changed.

You're absolutely right to post on this same topic, I'm just disappointed that there hasn't been any movement in this regard.
daroo

Postby daroo » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:21 am

TomSwirly wrote:What I mean is that we posted on this two years ago, and now you're posting on the same topic now, and nothing has changed.

Yes, ok, a misunderstanding.

Point stands, though, and the whole "we're a small company" thing doesn't really fly if you're not willing to share the wealth with your small community of users.

And I guess what has changed in two years is that now there are spot-on reviews and Ableton Push coming in 1.5 weeks. Niche gets nicher, I guess?
TomSwirly

Postby TomSwirly » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:31 am

Eh, the Ableton Push isn't really very impressive.

KMM's stuff is potentially much better. It needs the serious software support - it also needs a little love from the control tweakers, these controls could be much smoother and I find everything "zips" around too much.
daroo

Postby daroo » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:35 am

TomSwirly wrote:Eh, the Ableton Push isn't really very impressive.

I'll have to take your word for it. Truth told, I haven't touched one, but it is presumably a competitor, no?

Also a competitor: Livid. On Github! KMI people: what am I missing?
drewyeah

Postby drewyeah » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:44 am

daroo wrote:So...where are the uncompiled python files? I'm a python developer by day, and while I won't claim to be a wizard (and have never coded an Ableton remote script) I'm somewhat certain I can suss this out, especially with examples.

I didn't read the whole thread so I'm not sure if someone has mentioned it but there are uncompiled python files of the launch pad script available on the downloads page.
http://www.keithmcmillen.com/QuNeo/downloads/

Also this site has uncompiled ableton framework and lots of other great info to help writing a custom script
http://remotescripts.blogspot.com/p/support-files.html

Return to “QuNeo General Discussion”