Button Texture Question

pcbforbrains

Button Texture Question

Postby pcbforbrains » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:38 am

Firstly, Thanks in advance.

I have noticed inconsistencies in the textures on my buttons and horizontal/vertical faders. I don't recall if it was like that out of the box, and I am COMPLETELY ready to attribute this to over use. I was wondering if the buttons have a coating on them that can be worn off. If so, can you recommend something to offset this erosion? Is this the kind of repair that the company would want to address - as to not void warranty?

It makes it impossible to smoothly slide on the sliders - but only on some of them. Same with the pads.

Even so, this thing is fun as hell to use. Great job, again.

Thanks again!
Dr. Mysterium

Re: Button Texture Question

Postby Dr. Mysterium » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:11 pm

Can you tell us users more about this? Could you describe the degradation?

I've gotten funk from my fingers on the QuNeo pads, and had to rub it off, and for a second I thought it was the 'fresh layer' of the silicon rubbing off.
But it was just finger funk. And it wasn't much.

How much use have you given your QuNeo? (hours, days, hits, fades, #'s, etc.)
TheSupport@KMI

Postby TheSupport@KMI » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:29 pm

I need to check on this before I give a conclusive answer, but I'm pretty sure there is not some sort of coating on the silicone.
2, 3, 5, 13, 89, 233, 1597, 28657, 514229, 433494437, 2971215073
pcbforbrains

Postby pcbforbrains » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:42 pm

The problem is specifically with vertical fader 1 and the left half of the cross fader (on the crossfader getting rougher as you move left) - it has the same texture as big pink eraser. And this texture has gotten worse. All 7 other sliders feel like smooth plastic.

I have tried cleaning the device with Electronic Cleaning wipes, both with and without alcohol. And I've gotten pretty good at making sure my hands are clean with each use of my equipment - I have 3 small boys who would kill to get their hands on this thing, and I don't want to have to blame myself for sticky controllers.

I really was just wondering if there was some aftermarket product we could use to protect them. Like, maybe clear nail polish? I don't want to inhibit their functionality.

Thanks for the time and concern!
pcbforbrains

Postby pcbforbrains » Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:39 am

How much use have you given your QuNeo? (hours, days, hits, fades, #'s, etc.)

Below a hundred hours in total, but not by much. This thing has become my main portable controller. I would have no way of estimating the number of usages for individual elements of the board (amount of times faders have been sent from 0-127, etc), but I would venture to guess a megabuttload.

Return to “QuNeo General Discussion”