Quneo Blue Coma Light Frozen & USB No Power

smashreload

Quneo Blue Coma Light Frozen & USB No Power

Postby smashreload » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:31 am

Hello, my Quneo will not power up. I plug in the USB but no power,
only the Blue Coma Light comes on and stays on.
Has my USB Port become disconnected in side my Quneo

Smash
TheSupport@KMI

Re: Quneo Blue Coma Light Frozen & USB No Power

Postby TheSupport@KMI » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:31 pm

Well, if a light is able to turn on then there is power.

But typically if the mode button stays lit up that means the board managed to get into what is called "bootloader mode", which basically means it's waiting for a firmware update. Open up the editor and select "Update Firmware" from the Hardware menu. It should start flashing while updating firmware and then go back to normal behavior once it's done.

Also, saw your support ticket you submitted. We can't reply to you there because you entered your physical address in the email address field.
2, 3, 5, 13, 89, 233, 1597, 28657, 514229, 433494437, 2971215073
smashreload

Postby smashreload » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:03 pm

Tried It again and it worked. Had to do it a total of three times. Twice Last night and once this morning, got it to work this morning. Thank you so much for your time and help, I knew I made the right choice buying KMI :)
dijidave

Postby dijidave » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:18 pm

Hi smashreload,
this sounds similar to symtoms I had th@ were remedied by a replacment cable.
Good Luck,
Dave
dijidave

Postby dijidave » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:27 pm

Hi smashreload,
this sounds similar to symtoms I had th@ were remedied by a replacment cable.
Good Luck,
Dave
demcanulty

Postby demcanulty » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:27 am

I agree dijidave, it sounds like a bum cable to me too. We got a bad batch of cables in which the micro-usb connector was sometimes a fraction of a millimeter out of spec which would cause the USB power to be intermittent if the cable got stressed. Unfortunately we didn't find this out until after units had shipped and we've been appalled and upset about it ever since we found out. Please get in touch with support and let us send you a replacement cable, we've got new suppliers and a proven QC on the new cables, so we should be able to solve the problem with a single replacement at this point, and we would be happy to do so.
dijidave

Postby dijidave » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:50 am

demcanulty wrote:I agree dijidave, it sounds like a bum cable to me too. We got a bad batch of cables in which the micro-usb connector was sometimes a fraction of a millimeter out of spec which would cause the USB power to be intermittent if the cable got stressed. Unfortunately we didn't find this out until after units had shipped and we've been appalled and upset about it ever since we found out. Please get in touch with support and let us send you a replacement cable, we've got new suppliers and a proven QC on the new cables, so we should be able to solve the problem with a single replacement at this point, and we would be happy to do so.

HaHaHaHa Dan, sorry but y'gotta laugh, I musta got my original faulty cable replaced by KMI with 3 new ones which all must have been from the same faulty batch (It originally happened pretty early in the whole period & the replacements all failed subsequently)
The 2 aftermarket replacements work flawlessly, & bonus, they're twice as long 8-)
Keep up the good work, you guyz RocK
&
Enjoy the end of the World (As We Know It)

P.S.-----HaHaHa......Agwa doesn't effect me @ all 8-))

Return to “QuNeo General Discussion”