bambowlett

Re: 1.2

Postby bambowlett » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:45 am

Hey Deteez, looks like I spoke too soon, I'm having exactly the same problem!

Preset 9 works fine with Ableton when first loaded, but after switching to any other preset then switching back none of the pads work as clip launchers. Sometimes they seem to do nothing, and sometimes they seem to switch to just sending midi notes. Sometimes the transport controls still work as normal, sometimes they just send midi notes too. Even starting on Preset 9 and switching to the step sequencer, returning to the clip launcher stops the pads working.

Any changes I make on Ableton itself updates the LEDs on the QuNeo for the clip launching, so it's still connected properly. Switching back to 1.1 works fine with the older Ableton Midi script, but again, the new features included with 1.2 are so useful that it'd be much better if this can be fixed. I guess this is a problem with the newer Midi script for 1.2?
deteez

Postby deteez » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:27 am

yeah i mean ive tried everything. i even gave trying to edit my own python script for ableton as all the leds for the quneo are hardmapped to the factory ableton preset that comes with. so ANY editing to your quneo presets wont get the correct response from ableton sending out leds to the controller. it just still sends out whats mapped in the script. i reallllly like this thing a lot, pads are great, everything works solid, light and VERY portable, pretty durable as well. BUT i did think i would be able to edit the controller to do what i was told i could do a lot easier than having to learn python scripting. im a musical hacker but not to that extent haha, i want to make music at some point with this, not just program. idk ill wait for the official 1.2 update i guess. :|
bambowlett

Postby bambowlett » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:09 pm

Is this happening for everyone or just us do you know? Yeah it's very frustrating, I've enjoyed mapping out new presets using the Editor, but all the features of 1.2 I can't really use now as I have to use the 1.1 firmware to get preset 9 to work at all. Which means changing the firmware on my QuNeo for what I'd like to use each time.

Support, is there anyway you could make the older 1.1 version of the Ableton midi script and presets work with the 1.2 firmware? It seems preset 9 will always just reset with the 1.2 midi script. And any news on when the official 1.2 update might be out?
bambowlett

Postby bambowlett » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:18 pm

Still no joy with the new 1.2.1 firmware and midi script. Preset 9 works fine at first, but after using any other preset it wont control the clip launching at all. I was really hoping there would be an answer to this, surely a there a lot of us are using Ableton?
daroo

Postby daroo » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:08 pm

brand new to QuNeo, using almost exclusively with Ableton. having the same problem as everyone else in this thread with Clip Launching and am bummed. interestingly enough if you install the Launchpad Emulator and select that as the controller surface in Ableton, you can switch between preset 9 (now the launch pad emulator) and other presets without a problem. when you return to 9 (still launch pad emulator), all pad feedback is correct. so it doesn't seem like Ableton's quirk.

also of note in re: Ableton Live Clip Launching, besides not receiving the proper pad feedback when switching back to preset 9: the "selected track" sliders (#s 7-10 from the manual) no longer control the selected track, they'll only control the track that was selected prior to navigating away from Clip Launching.

the Launch Pad+ functionality of the Clip Launching preset was a major draw for me, and it seems super buggy. disappointed!
drewyeah

Postby drewyeah » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:26 am

bambowlett wrote:Still no joy with the new 1.2.1 firmware and midi script. Preset 9 works fine at first, but after using any other preset it wont control the clip launching at all. I was really hoping there would be an answer to this, surely a there a lot of us are using Ableton?

I edited the quneo launchpad script to reinitialize when you select preset 9 again. First unzip the attached file. On a Mac right click on the live application select show package contents and put the attached file in Contents/App-Resources/MIDI Remote Scripts/QuNeoLaunchPad (im not sure where it goes on a windows machine). It should ask you if you want to replace the existing file. Click Yes. Set the control surface to None in ableton preferences and then select QuNeoLaunchPad again. You should be all set now.

**DISCLAIMER** I'm not a programmer. I just read your post and thought I could help. If this doesn't work just reinstall the ableton script from the quneo installer on the downloads page.http://www.keithmcmillen.com/QuNeo/downloads/
Attachments
QuNeo.py.zip
(4.5 KiB) Downloaded 193 times
bambowlett

Postby bambowlett » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:06 pm

Hi Drewyeah,

Thanks so much for your post. I've been away for a few weeks so I've only just seen it and had a chance to try it out. So I guess this has been a problem for a few people at least, why was this not mentioned/resolved in the 1.2.1 update?!

I'm probably being an idiot but I'm not sure if the .py file should go in the QuNeo folder within the Midi Remote Scripts folder, or is it specifically for the LaunchPad emulator? Like daroo I seem to be able to use the LaunchPad QuNeo setting and it lets me switch from preset 9 to others and back no problems, but this is still not working for the normal QuNeo mode in Ableton.

It seems like the QuNeo folder has only .pyc files, and the files in the Launchpad are both .pyc and .py. Any tips for getting this to work for the normal QuNeo preset? Again sorry, I'm really not sure about midi scripts.
drewyeah

Postby drewyeah » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:15 am

bambowlett wrote:Like daroo I seem to be able to use the LaunchPad QuNeo setting and it lets me switch from preset 9 to others and back no problems, but this is still not working for the normal QuNeo mode in Ableton.

Oops sorry bambowlett. I should read better I thought you guys were having troubles with the launchpad emulator. I couldn't edit the Quneo script because they haven't released the uncompiled code, but I came up with a workaround thats working on my machine and you're welcome to try it :)

There are 2 files in the attachment. All you need to do is drop them directly into the Midi Remote Script > Quneo folder.Tthe files are .py because they are the uncompiled versions, but thats ok because Live will compile them for you. BUT FIRST you might want to save a copy of the __init__.pyc file that is in already in the QuNeo folder. If this script doesn't work for you, then just place the original __init__.pyc back in the folder and it will return to how it works now.

Hope this helps!!!
Attachments
Quneo_script_adds.zip
(2.12 KiB) Downloaded 217 times
daroo

Postby daroo » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:00 pm

drewyeah wrote:There are 2 files in the attachment. All you need to do is drop them directly into the Midi Remote Script > Quneo folder.Tthe files are .py because they are the uncompiled versions, but thats ok because Live will compile them for you. BUT FIRST you might want to save a copy of the __init__.pyc file that is in already in the QuNeo folder. If this script doesn't work for you, then just place the original __init__.pyc back in the folder and it will return to how it works now.

drewyeah, dude, thank you for your responses and your coding. you've made the QuNeo a more enjoyable piece of equipment for me.
daroo

Postby daroo » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:06 pm

drewyeah wrote:I couldn't edit the Quneo script because they haven't released the uncompiled code

there's gambling in this establishment?

xpost: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=608&start=20

also I'm happy to start a specific "BUG, YO" thread, but this is a pretty small forum. so, in re: the preset-switching bug in the packaged Ableton preset (the standard-install preset #9, not DrewYeah's awesome LaunchPad emulation)...KMISupport? This has been confirmed by several people now.

it's cool if the thing just works, it's cool if I can alter the buggy code, but it should be one or the other, dudes. y'all jumped right on the pad-banking bug earlier this week, which was great.

Return to “QuNeo General Discussion”