drewyeah

Re: 1.2

Postby drewyeah » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:30 pm

daroo wrote:there's gambling in this establishment?

I'M SHOCKED!! Hahaha yup I said i didn't read the whole thread sooo.... oops. I totally thought everyone was talking about the launchpad emulation script. ooooops

But I'm on the same page now and the latest script I uploaded should fix the Quneo (not launchpad emulation) script banking. I was just saying it would have been easier if I could get access to the un-compiled code, but instead I just made a new init file that points to my script, which handles bank switching and forwards everything else to the old script to handle.
mk4kc5cmc4@gmail.com

Postby mk4kc5cmc4@gmail.com » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:56 am

So I just pulled my Quneo out to give it another whirl since it's been sitting in the closet basically since I got it....and ran into the issue described in this thread. I seriously can not believe this. I've been pretty disappointed in Quneo, but this is just ridiculous. It can't switch presets correctly? I am at a loss for words.
boulderburns

Postby boulderburns » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:58 am

drewyeah wrote:But I'm on the same page now and the latest script I uploaded should fix the Quneo .

Great work drewyeah, this did the trick for me. Many thanks.
bambowlett

Postby bambowlett » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:21 pm

drewyeah you are my hero. Thanks so much for doing this. It didn't work for me at first because I was being an idiot, it wasn't until I looked into your code that I realised I had to keep the old QuNeo.pyc in there too! Works perfectly now.

daroo wrote:KMISupport? This has been confirmed by several people now.

it's cool if the thing just works, it's cool if I can alter the buggy code, but it should be one or the other, dudes. y'all jumped right on the pad-banking bug earlier this week, which was great.

When I first posted on here I was so impressed I had a reply from KMISupport within 24 hours. But since this bug, no reply at all. If people had the uncompiled code it looks like there was a relatively easy way to fix this. Why support has ignored this bug completely (which is as simple as not switching presets properly!) and helped with other recent threads seems very strange to me.

I don't mind that there is extra coding needed to get the LED feedback/VU metering etc, but we shouldn't have to write extra code just to get the presets to work as intended. Especially features that worked fine in 1.1. As much as I love my QuNeo, I do feel very let down by the lack of official help.
TheSupport@KMI

Postby TheSupport@KMI » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:50 pm

Submitted for the approval of the Midnight Society, I call this story...

"The Tale of the Live Script"

We hired a person to write our Live script because none of us were comfortable with Python. The script was written and there were some bugs in it. Before the bugs got fixed this person left the company, having also never uploaded the uncompiled versions to our repository. This left us a group of people with no Python chops and no uncompiled version.

Time passes.

Now we've finally retrieved the uncompiled files, have been building our python skills, have fixed the preset switching bug, and are currently working on getting Live 9 compatibility happening.

I believe we will be releasing the uncompiled version soon! And I think there will be a minor QuNeo 1.2 update that fixes a couple of things (which I imagine will also include a script without the preset switching bug).
2, 3, 5, 13, 89, 233, 1597, 28657, 514229, 433494437, 2971215073
drewyeah

Postby drewyeah » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:58 pm

Awesome News!!
bambowlett

Postby bambowlett » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:36 pm

Thanks Support, it's nice to know the problems are being addressed. Drewyeah your workaround hasn't failed me yet, you rule.
mk4kc5cmc4@gmail.com

Postby mk4kc5cmc4@gmail.com » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:03 am

Am I crazy, or is this still happening? Once again, I've pulled my QuNeo out of the closet to try to get SOME use out of it. Removed all the old traces of the last install & re-installed everything fresh. I can start on preset 9 & everything works well, but if I switch to any other preset and then back, all the LED feedback gets screwed up (the lights basically go off unless you touch them). I'm going to try the user generated script in this thread later tonight, but really...is this ever going to be fixed?

Return to “QuNeo General Discussion”