ableton midi script .py files

deteez

ableton midi script .py files

Postby deteez » Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:48 pm

i love the quneo. its amazing and i have had every other controller out there to date and this thing is it. the only thing i wonder is there a way to get the original uncompiled .py files for the quneo script for ableton. the launchpad emulator script has them uncompiled but the quneo script has them compiled and what i would like to do is begin learning to write my own script, but i would like to use the quneo script as a sort of jump off point to edit from. for instance i would like to have a 4x4 clip launch mode so that the pads for triggering are bigger and have the led's light up corrisponding to the correct clip in ableton much like the clip launch mode does now in grid mode. certain things i feel i would love to edit and figure out but i feel ive hit a brick wall. i can get the buttons to all do what i need them to whether it be midi map in ableton or in controller editor but as far as led feedback i really dont have much to do to. also v1.2beta update i loose connectivity if switching presets from ableton to one of the note presets and back. also note mode and user mode as described in the updated manual seem to not be there when rhombus is pressed, just same clip launch and seq modes. if at all there is anything i can do or if there is something coming that i just dont know about yet after v1.2 id love to know or be told just hang on we are taking care of it. thanks so much for your work and i love this product and look forward to maybe even helping to get this thing be what it can be. -travis
Jee-Bee

Re: ableton midi script .py files

Postby Jee-Bee » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:21 am

same here
Here on the forum there is an good example where you can find a lot of info.
I have almost the same only with the Novation launchpad script.
If Somebody can decompile scripts....
Let me know
deteez

Re: ableton midi script .py files

Postby deteez » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:18 pm

you can decompile using www.dephython.com but the main .pyc files that contain the info for clip button matrix and led and all that wont decompile. probably protected, and i understand that people get paid to write this stuff, but i would love to have a chance to work it myself and see if i could come up with something myself. it would just be nice to be able to see the .py files to understand how to write the code for red box and ect... also i noticed that if i go back to editor 1.1 and update the firmware back to that, all of the connectivity issues are gone and you can switch presets and modes just fine with no problems. i dont know where the bug in the firmware update is but something is causing it to loose connectivity with ableton when you switch presets. ive seen an answer saying that doing such freaks out the script and you need to restart the controller or live set. but i dont really understand how that can be the case and answer to the problem when it clearly worked before update 1.2 no matter how much you changed. this thing is usless unelss i want to use it for the stock v1.1 ableton template that i dont have much control over editing leds with. cant use it to control my set then swith to presets 1-4 to lay down a drum beat or synth line in a inst and then when i want to switch back to clip launch/preset 9 it just stays in preset 1 and he led's stop responding correctly. i dont know. i REALLY love this thing and want to be able to just leave all my others in the dust but until this gets ironed out i think i just have to set this aside. unless they would be willing to let me take a look at that .py script ;)

Return to “QuNeo General Discussion”