option to accept every hit as a note

Share your wishes for the future of QuNeo
eonomine

option to accept every hit as a note

Postby eonomine » Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:49 pm

hey, i've noticed when doing quick drumrolls they will only trigger correctly if played absolutely perfect eg. each finger has completely left the pad.
maybe i'm just lazy but imo this results in a pretty full on playing style for proper expression..
i noticed lowering my on thresh a bit and raising the off thresh to just below it improves it, but really i'd prefer the option to simply send a single note every time the pad is hit (even if its fixed length or something).
Dr. Mysterium

Re: option to accept every hit as a note

Postby Dr. Mysterium » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:23 am

Try puttin the pads in question in grid mode, set all 4 corners as the same note.
TheSupport@KMI

Re: option to accept every hit as a note

Postby TheSupport@KMI » Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:16 pm

Yeah, at this point I would say the only option would be to raise the off threshold on the pads. That way the pad will be considered to be "off" at a higher pressure. The problem with this is that the on threshold always has to be higher than the off threshold, so it's a bit of a balancing game. Good old hysteresis.

It might be possible to do what you want with an update to the firmware, but I'm not too sure if we'll go this route. Most other pad controllers can't do this (or if they could, they don't) — definitely can't do it with the Akai's and the Maschine. Having played with pad controllers for a number of years, I find most people just get used to learning to snap their hands back really fast after striking a pad.

It could also be potentially tricky to deal with second hits vs. changing pressure. If pads allow for triggers even when held down by another finger we'd need to devise a way to distinguish between whether or not a pad was actually struck or there was just a quick change in pressure from the first finger that struck the pad. Could get difficult. But maybe not, we'll see.
2, 3, 5, 13, 89, 233, 1597, 28657, 514229, 433494437, 2971215073

Return to “QuNeo Feature Wishlist”