Is there's a way to limit the cv output to 0-1v?

fillspace

Is there's a way to limit the cv output to 0-1v?

Postby fillspace » Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:10 am

I'd like to use my qunexus to control my patchblocks which only take up to +/-1v.

Cheers!
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Re: Is there's a way to limit the cv output to 0-1v?

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:43 am

Not really. You could change the gain in the CV modlines to .2 to limit the data to 1v, or set the max output to something like 25 to limit the output.
Not sure how either approaches would work in practice, but those two options should limit your voltage range.
fillspace

Postby fillspace » Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:38 pm

Thanks for the response. I'll try those.

Is it possible that this could be addressed in a firmware update?
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:31 pm

Probably not. The suggestions I have given are as close as you're going to get. +5 Volts is pretty standard, and we haven't had many (any) requests to add an option for limiting the output to 1v.
meddison2

Postby meddison2 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:47 pm

Fortunately, this is fixable with some MIDI pre-processing. Unlike pitchbend, though, the optimal algorithm appears to be a little different. Record the original tilt position and then if the player tilts the key further away (i.e to increase the tilt), then start outputting modulation values. As with pitchbend, auto-cancel modulation on any subsequent note on event.
We provide fast success in cisco ccna dumps exam and Test-king ielts toefl by using our Tabor College high quality prep resources. We offer up-to-dated and Southwestern College dumps with definite guarantee of network+ training success

Return to “QuNexus General Discussion”