Help: how can I make output in stereo

Cade

Help: how can I make output in stereo

Postby Cade » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:24 am

I am trying to have my studio monitors or headphone output be in stereo. :)
I have 4 synths plugged in with TS cables, and set each input on the kmix to be left or right, respectively, based on the synth output channel.
Example: ch1 is synth #1-left, ch2 is synth #2-right; ch3 is synth #2-left, ch4 is synth #2right. I know I have it set up correctly, because a left-chanmel only signal shows only on the respecive fader (ch1) in VU mode, and a right-channel only signal displays on ch2, but it seems the both the rear outputs (going to studio monitors) and the headphone output on the kmix combines all inputs, and outputs in mono only, making my music sound flat (or centered only).

I have gone through the manual to try to figure it out with no luck.
Does anyone know how to get stereo output from the kmix? :?:
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Re: Help: how can I make output in stereo

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:15 am

The main outs (or aux outs if you are using them) combine all signals according to how the input channels are panned.
In your explanation you do not mention specifically going into pan mode and panning channel 1 to the left, channel 2 to the right, channel 3 to left and channel 4 to the right.
Inputs aren't panned by default, and unless you adjust that, they will be sent to the master equally in the left and right channels (mono).
In VU mode the channel faders display the level coming into that channel, that has no indication of panning.
The VU meter on the master DOES indicate panning, so if you have channel one panned hard left, it should indicate that on the master fader, not the channel fader.
Cade

Postby Cade » Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:54 pm

Ah. Excellent, thanks.
Changing the panning mode of each channel fixed it. I appreciate your help. :mrgreen:

Perfect 8-)
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:48 am

No problem, glad we got you up and running.

Return to “K-Mix General Discussion”