routing audio from computer

kenhan

routing audio from computer

Postby kenhan » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:52 pm

I just received K-Mix and upgraded the firmware to 1.3.5. I also posted some initial thoughts on https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/keith-mcmillen-k-mix.1841228/.

I'm connected to iMac macOS Sierra 10.12.5

Currently it looks like all audio from the computer, e.g. audio from Youtube via Safari, music from iTunes, all get routed to the master fader, which then go out to the monitors. Is there a way to route different audio source to different channels before sending out to master? For example, I would love to route iTunes to channel 1, Safari to channel 2, etc. so I can independently control their volume. This would be great. Thanks.
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Re: routing audio from computer

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:14 am

There is no way for the K-Mix to address individual applications like that, and I don't know of an audio interface that can.
Doing things like routing audio in your computer to particular hardware outputs is usually handled in software, we would need to build a companion application to do mixing/routing in the computer, if we wanted this feature to be 'included' with the K-Mix.

Unless you can direct the audio from the software to particular outputs on the K-Mix this is not possible.

Return to “K-Mix General Discussion”