Global to Presets

nutate

Global to Presets

Postby nutate » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:26 am

Is there any chance of some of the global options getting saved to Presets?

Specifically phono preamp option? Right now the presets save so much (levels, etc) but I'd love to have that option saved in a preset. I can save the ganged channels, but not their preamp setting.

At this point tho I'm pretty much in love with the K-Mix, it's got all that I need and a bit more. I love that it works outside of the computer connection, and that's why I want this global to become part of a preset. I understand if that's simply not code-able, but I'd give up saving the trim or something to get this.
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Re: Global to Presets

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:17 am

Unfortunately, the answer is probably not at this point. The MIDI settings, the USB pre/post settings and the preferences are part of the 'global' settings, and are saved in their own files, and are not freely recallable by preset.

I'm sure there is a reason that the engineers did it this way, and if you want to know more, let me know and I'll dig a little deeper.
nutate

Postby nutate » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:44 am

I'm ok with you not digging, but even if I couldn't save globals in presets, if there was some way to have more than one global setting that could be switched between via hardware that could be really useful.

So take it and plug in my turntable in one location. Then go somewhere else and use it as a 8 channel mixer (with no turntable attached), I'm going to have to hook it up to a computer to make the switch. Even then, when I do, I'm going to have to set the globals by hand because I think they don't save as templates.

Anyway it's not a huge deal, and as a person that programs computers I can think of a million reasons why this might be the case. Still it would be far more useful without a computer if I could flip some of those settings with a pad combo on the kmix. As is I usually have a computer hooked to it, so it's a relatively moot point.
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:31 am

You can export the globals just as you do presets. You can just import them, and all your settings will be restored.
Not likely going to happen from the hardware.
nutate

Postby nutate » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:40 pm

That's fair, that's what I've been doing. I love this thing, as I've said, it's ok to manage it from my computer for some functions.

Return to “K-Mix General Discussion”