Sending MIDI Program Changes with the pads.

illintechnology

Sending MIDI Program Changes with the pads.

Postby illintechnology » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:00 pm

Very brand new to the KMI world, pardon my ignorance. I'm a bit of a dinosaur so my knowledge of MIDI gear is pretty much limited to legacy MIDI hardware.

My use case:

QuNeo > USB MIDI interface > Mac > USB MIDI interface > Legacy 5-pin DIN MIDI FX processor
or
QuNeo > KMI MIDI Expander > Legacy 5-pin DIN MIDI FX processor

Rather than sending note information upon pad-strike, I would like to send Program Change messages to the MIDI FX processor. I've had various foot pedals that have done the job but I'm trying to downsize my gear and I was hoping I could replace a couple pieces of gear with the QuNeo and assumed using it to send MIDI Program Changes would be an easy task.

I see that I can have it send a Program Change upon preset change, but I was hoping to keep using the same preset on the QuNeo and use each pad to map to a specific Program Change and the touch faders/rotary controllers to do CC changes. I understand how to set up the CC stuff, but after reading the manual/scouring the web, I'm not seeing an easy way to set up the pads to send the Program Changes. Am I missing something? Is it possible?
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Re: Sending MIDI Program Changes with the pads.

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:08 am

You're not missing anything, and it is not possible.

As you said, you can send program change on preset out, and that's it for program change (unless you want to do some MIDI translating inside the computer, which isn't too hard if you have the right software).

You could set one preset to multiple preset slots on the QuNeo, you could send preogram change by changing presets, but you'd still be sending the same data with all the preset from the sliders rotaries etc.
Those are the only workarounds I know of.
illintechnology

Postby illintechnology » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:02 pm

Dang. I guess I assumed too much.

Is this a documented feature request or should I post in the feature request forum?
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:03 pm

I can add it.

But a post in the feature request section wouldn't hurt.

Return to “QuNeo General Discussion”