KMI Expander MIDI In

dawman

KMI Expander MIDI In

Postby dawman » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:07 pm

Hello,
I have been using the editor and QuNexus and everything is working for me that I am trying but I need to verify that my Expander MIDI IN is actually a MIDI Thru.
So far I get no signal to pass through, I have A/B'd cables and MIDI signals oput my my Solaris synth so I know they, as usual are working.
Is there a hidden setting in the Editor maybe I am missing.
I am sending out of Solaris on Channel 14, but nowhere in the Editor am I seeing any options that relate to the function of the MIDI In of the Expander.

Thanks.
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Re: KMI Expander MIDI In

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:16 pm

I can verify that the midi expander is NOT a midi thru, sadly.
dawman

Postby dawman » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:50 pm

I wished they would not have advertised it as that. I still want the device, but spend an extra 125 bucks buying a merge and thru box from MIDI Solutions, but those are great boxes and someday I will need them.
I am quite pleased with the QuNexus and decided to use a Quadra Merge box.
I have 2 x hardware synths and the QuNexus going into it, then out to a BCF 2000, as they are stage worthy controllers.
But if not a MIDI Thru, what purpose is the MIDI In...?
Can we recall Presets from other controllers than the QuNexus, ...I just don't understand what purpose it serves now.
Still a happy camper though, this is one well thought out advanced piece of kit.

IMG_0097.JPG
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:17 am

You can use the midi in for remote LED control, and as a MIDI -> CV converter (kind of)
dawman

Postby dawman » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:32 am

Thanks, I shall check into that after my initial uses and see what might be useful.
This is really a great little portable powerhouse.
I am tweaking the PAT parameters now with a hardware Solaris synth. Really nice.
Also the CV Inputs are being used with a custom cable I had made for 2 x Expression pedals, and offsets and options for lag/control are very precise.
Great Job KMI........
mdorren

Postby mdorren » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:24 am

TheOtherSupport@KMI wrote:I can verify that the midi expander is NOT a midi thru, sadly.

No midi thru is quite an oversight imho

Return to “QuNexus General Discussion”