Tilt does not return to zero pos; editor bug; feature req.

untergeekDE

Tilt does not return to zero pos; editor bug; feature req.

Postby untergeekDE » Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:02 am

Two minor observations:

(a) When using Tilt as a pitch-bend, I noticed that it does not seem to send a Pitch Bend Zero signal on release, meaning that the synth is now out of tune. Channel rotation is off, I'm using the Waldorf Nave softsynth on the iPad.

(b) It's not possible to enter negative offsets in the Windows 7 editor. This is necessary if you want to use Tilt with any Midi CC, e.g. as a replacement for the modulation wheel - you'd need to have it start at zero rather than halfway at 64. A negative offset would correct that.

And two feature requests for the next fw/editor release:

(c) Make it possible to use Tilt to control two different Midi controllers - e.g. upward tilt to modulate/CC 1, downward tilt to control filters/CC 16 or any other.

(d) Would love to be able to edit the Pitch Bend pad settings - I'd like to set it to use as a modulation wheel or breath controller (but see point (b) above - same thing applies here).
TheSupport@KMI

Re: Tilt does not return to zero pos; editor bug; feature re

Postby TheSupport@KMI » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:31 pm

a. Hmm, it seems to be working for me (for the most part). I can get some keys to not return to zero if I have channel rotation on, but if it's not on it always seems to be returning to zero (I've been staring at MIDI Monitor for quite some time now). We are about to release a new update within the next couple days, so maybe try that out and see if you get different results. When I was trying with the new firmware, all keys (even with channel rotation on and ten keys held down) would return to zero.

b. Negative offsets will be possible in the next update, which is due out within a couple of days. Though it will still be clipped at 0, then minimum value. Aside from pitch bend you can't output negative MIDI messages — MIDI goes from 0-127. When the next update comes out, what you could do is use keys in controller layer, which will have a new "return value" feature — this will let you choose what value the key outputs upon release.

c. I'll add this as a feature request.

d. You can already edit the bend pad's settings (note#, pressure CC, tilt CC) in controller layer. The next update will add return values for the CCs and variable/fixed velocities for the notes.
2, 3, 5, 13, 89, 233, 1597, 28657, 514229, 433494437, 2971215073
cliffman

Postby cliffman » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:24 pm

Just purchased, and updated the firmware and I am seeing the non-return to zero.
TheSupport@KMI

Postby TheSupport@KMI » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:04 pm

What preset are you folks using? Or if you've made/edited your own can you post a screenshot of the settings? Did you make sure to resend the presets to the board after updating firmware?

Are you using a table other than "Linear" on the Pitch Bend modline? This could cause bend to return to something other than zero. Bend is looking for the key to return to MIDI value 64 to be considered centered, if you use a different table it's possible that the center value is no longer 64.
cliffman

Postby cliffman » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:34 pm

I will check those things, thanks. Been through a bunch of different experiments/setups, if I can reproduce the issue i will get you the screenshots/details.
peterdines

Postby peterdines » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:22 pm

About return to zero- say I'm using tilt to control CC1 (modwheel) - how do I make it return to zero on key release? It doesn't always make sense for it to return to 63 - like when it's controlling vibrato or tremolo depth and you want it to default to zero - but there's no release value on the keyboard layer tab.
TheSupport@KMI

Postby TheSupport@KMI » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:28 am

Yeah, there's currently no way to set a return value (or latching) in keyboard layer. I've already logged this as a feature request.

For now you could always set the keys to participate in both keyboard and controller layer, set the Tilt CC for all keys to 1 and set the Tilt CC Return to 0. Then turn off all of the other things (Pressure CC, Note Number) — just enter -1 into a field to turn set it to "off". You won't be able to use channel rotation for Tilt this way (it's not available in Controller layer), but it'll give you Tilt CCs that return to 0.

And in case you don't know, you can edit multiple keys at the same time by holding down the shift key when clicking on the keys.
peterdines

Postby peterdines » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:32 pm

TheSupport@KMI wrote:Yeah, there's currently no way to set a return value (or latching) in keyboard layer. I've already logged this as a feature request.

For now you could always set the keys to participate in both keyboard and controller layer, set the Tilt CC for all keys to 1 and set the Tilt CC Return to 0. Then turn off all of the other things (Pressure CC, Note Number) — just enter -1 into a field to turn set it to "off". You won't be able to use channel rotation for Tilt this way (it's not available in Controller layer), but it'll give you Tilt CCs that return to 0.

Ah, I'll have to try that! And thanks for the tip on -1, I was wondering how to turn off a param.

And in case you don't know, you can edit multiple keys at the same time by holding down the shift key when clicking on the keys.

Heh heh, yeah, I knew and thank goodness for that feature or I'd have QuNexus prints on my forehead. :mrgreen:
Jacqueline

Postby Jacqueline » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:15 pm

I built the equivalent of the adaptor you sell as part of your CV kit, the one that in the manual is listed as "This is helpful when connecting a Sustain Pedal to the CV 1-2 in port." Still no luck. So there's clearly some sort of programming to be done—or at least I hope it's this, because the sustain pedal input doesn't appear to work otherwise. Any ideas?
Our excellent online ccna questions and answers training programs will what is ccie - pass-4sure lead you to success in the We also offer latest passguide and with 100% success guarantee. Our security+ exam cost is rare in IT world.

Return to “QuNexus General Discussion”