12Step with Focusrite Itrack/Ipad Mini/Beatmaker2 app

Get help from other 12 Step users
jordicasadesus

12Step with Focusrite Itrack/Ipad Mini/Beatmaker2 app

Postby jordicasadesus » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:55 am

Hello,

Recently I've started to use the 12Step as a controller for a sampled keyboard I made in Beatmaker2 app, so that I can play wav's of keyboard chords with just one button. I plug the Ipad mini in a Focusrite Itrack Dock (http://us.focusrite.com/ios-audio-inter ... track-dock) which is the only ipad dock that has a USB Midi In port. When I plug the 12step in the Focusrite, it does not respond to the Midi messages, but sometimes, after a while, a light in the iTrack blinks and it responds to it perfectly.
The problem is, I never know if it will respond, and how much time it will take for it to recognize 12step as a midi controller.

If I plug in a normal Midi Keyboard always responds perfectly.

When I used it with Alesis iDock or Behringer iStudio with the Midi Expander it worked fine, so I guess it's something about the USB Midi messages not getting to the Focusrite from the 12Step.

Anyone has had the same problem?

Thanks!

jordi
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Re: 12Step with Focusrite Itrack/Ipad Mini/Beatmaker2 app

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:52 am

It could be a powering issue. How are you powering the 12step? How much power can the iTrack Dock supply?
The 12 step does take a bit more power than standard MIDi keyboards, and apple is funny about how much power can be supplied via their devices.
You might want to try externally powering the 12 step with a USB Mini cable into the Expand port from a USB power supply.

Return to “12 Step Users' Help Exchange”