Due to inactivity, the KMI Forums are now READ ONLY.
Here are some helpful links you can visit to get more up to date information about your KMI products:

KMI Downloads
KMI Support
KMI Facebook User Group

How to cycle through a range of values sent to a CC# in Standalone Mode?

Get help from other SoftStep users.
irongiant14

How to cycle through a range of values sent to a CC# in Standalone Mode?

Postby irongiant14 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:43 pm

Hi. I am trying to write modlines for the Strymon Iridium and could use some help figuring out how to cycle through a range of values sent to a CC# in Standalone Mode. From what I read elsewhere on this forum, regarding the Strymon Timeline, you could use a Counter to cycle through settings. viewtopic.php?f=10&t=621&hilit=range

I’m not familiar with the Counter, since I have been operating solely in Standalone Mode to control two Eventide H9s and the manual says the Counter only works in Hosted Mode. Is there a way to cycle and wrap values in a range in Standalone mode, too?

I’d like to use separate SS2 keys to:
  • cycle through the Iridium’s three Amps
  • cycle through the Iridium’s nine Cab IRs. (I’m not sure how this is going to work in practice, since the Iridium breaks these IR’s into subsets of three for each amp. I might need to separate these into one set of three, per amp?)
  • cycle through the Iridium’s three Room reverb sizes
I wrote a modline that kind of works but not as I hoped. I think I need a message with defined steps, not the fine increments of Y Increment. My modline for the Cab switching key goes:

SOURCE: Y Increment. –> GAIN: 1.00 –> OFFSET: 0 –> TABLE: Linear.–> MIN: 0 MAX: 8 SMOOTH: 0 –> MSSGE TYPE: CC –> CC# 20 –> CH: 3 –> OUTPUT PORT: SS Expander

Here are the IRIDIUM MIDI SPECS I’m working with:

PARAMETERS.....CC#........RANGE.......NOTES

Amp..................19..........1-3............Round. Chime. Punch.

Cab...................20..........0-2............(Round a, b, c)
.........................20..........3-5............(Chime a, b, c)
.........................20..........6-8............(Punch a, b, c)

Thanks for any assistance you can lend.
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Re: How to cycle through a range of values sent to a CC# in Standalone Mode?

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:57 am

Unfortunately, this is not possible in Standalone mode.
You could try using y Inc with the speed set really low to make it cycle less quickly, but it won't wrap.
irongiant14

Re: How to cycle through a range of values sent to a CC# in Standalone Mode?

Postby irongiant14 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:23 am

TheOtherSupport@KMI wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:57 am Unfortunately, this is not possible in Standalone mode.
You could try using y Inc with the speed set really low to make it cycle less quickly, but it won't wrap.
Thank you for your answer and sorry for this super-late response. :? Still trying to claw my way out of the smoldering wreckage of 2020.

Return to “SoftStep Users' Help Exchange”