Softstep 2 upgrade program is now happening.

Get help from other SoftStep users.
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Softstep 2 upgrade program is now happening.

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Tue May 06, 2014 9:54 am

Hello Softstep users,

We have finally got our upgrade program up and running. If you are a user of Softstep 1 and am interested in upgrading to the new hardware please send an email to sales@keithmcmillen.com for more details.

That is all,
chumbo

Re: Softstep 2 upgrade program is now happening.

Postby chumbo » Thu May 08, 2014 10:55 am

I just want to give a big ups to the KMM team for making it up to it's rather disappointed Softstep 1 customer base, and doing so in a very generous fashion! This is a great offer, I just ordered my Softstep 2! :-)

It certainly took a while (too long), was a bumpy road full of frustration regarding the flaws of the SS1, the slow communication of the staff with regards to updates/fixes, but in the end, they came through big time with this upgrade program! I just feel sorry for all those users that jumped the bandwagon too soon and sold their SS1 on ebay :-(
dirk

Postby dirk » Thu May 08, 2014 3:11 pm

Agreed, they really stepped it up in so many ways. Mine will arrive hopefully next week. :)
Well done, and a very cool thing to do.
Thanks KMI, cheers!
Dirk
mocker

Postby mocker » Tue May 13, 2014 3:51 am

I second this. Though I've been one of the "angry" users here :)
I mean sometimes deceived with slow communication and the long time before making the big decision : rewriting the editor. But this is all gone now, as not only they did it and well, but they offered a switch to a brand new Softstep 2 at a great price to their "old" customers ! I received it today, in less than a week, free shipping to France ! Thanks guys, very classy.
adamqlw

Postby adamqlw » Wed May 14, 2014 4:46 am

I just put my order in today. The upgrade program is exceedingly generous. As one of the people who have been vocal about the shortcomings of the SS1, the new editor and the upgrade program go a long, long way to restoring my confidence.

Special thanks to TheSupport@KMI and the Sales Manager for getting this sorted. The forum interaction and follow through show beyond a shadow of a doubt that KMI cares about its customers. Also heartening to see TheOtherSupport@KMI around... certainly bodes well for where KMI is investing its resources.

I'm totally looking forward to receiving the SS2, and am excited about future innovations. With my confidence restored, I don't expect any free lunches in the future, just more excellent products.
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Wed May 14, 2014 9:34 am

Glad to see that you guys are getting everything sorted and that the upgrade program is running smoothly. Took a little longer then we initially anticipated, but that's usually the case with a small team such as ours.

Like I've said previously the new hardware/software combo is steps above the old iteration, and I'm very pleased that we can get these products in to the users hands.
elmquist

Postby elmquist » Wed May 14, 2014 10:02 am

TheOtherSupport@KMI wrote:Glad to see that you guys are getting everything sorted and that the upgrade program is running smoothly.

Out of curiosity: Are KMI offering a good discount on SoftStep 2 for existing SoftStep users where they keep their old SoftStep? Or is it a replacement programme where the users send in their old SoftStep and get a new SoftStep 2 at an attractive upgrade price?
chumbo

Postby chumbo » Wed May 14, 2014 10:39 am

You get to keep your Softstep 1! Otherwise, it wouldn't have been such a sweet deal that we'd all be thanking them for it ;-)
elmquist

Postby elmquist » Wed May 14, 2014 10:49 am

Thanks for the information, chumbo! I like that way too as it gives more controls to the user and KMI do not have to handle a lot of old controllers for which they have no use. Good style, KMI! :-)
davecriss

Postby davecriss » Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:28 pm

Greetings SoftSteppers!

The Upgrade Program has been in full swing for over a month now but it will be over soon.

July 4th, 2014, is the last day to secure your coupon code!

Act now to get your discounted SoftStep2 by emailing sales@keithmcmillen.com

The response we have gotten for SS2 has been fantastic! We wish you Happy Music Making!

Remember... Dealine is July 4th, 2014

Cheers,
Your Friendly KMI Sales Team
sales@keithmcmillen.com
dave@keithmcmillen.com

Return to “SoftStep Users' Help Exchange”