Due to inactivity, the KMI Forums are now READ ONLY.
Here are some helpful links you can visit to get more up to date information about your KMI products:

KMI Downloads
KMI Support
KMI Facebook User Group

Software bug with Nav Pad?

Get help from other SoftStep users.
chumbo

Re: Software bug with Nav Pad?

Postby chumbo » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:18 pm

I doubt this will be useful but anyway, here you go...

The fact that the red boxes display a '9' is because I first verified I was still getting data input when using sources other than 'Nav Y Inc/Dec'. When I then switched back to 'Nav Y inc/dec' it no longer worked so the values of 9 stayed the same.
Attachments
NavPad.png
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:23 pm

What OS are you using? Windows 7? 8?
chumbo

Postby chumbo » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:27 pm

Win 7 Ultimate, SP1 (Win7 most probably the case with the friend I mentioned, dunno about Ultimate version or not, nor the SP1)
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:28 pm

Yeah it seems that the data source is broken on Windows 7. I just confirmed this with SS1 and SS2. You might be able to use that data source in standalone mode though.
chumbo

Postby chumbo » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:40 pm

Oh? that's it...well, not really. I'm using the SS with Mobius as a plugin in Ableton! I need A LOT more functionality than standalone mode offers.
BTW, I tried it in standalone, didn't work either!? (or I don't understand the mode, never was interested in using it so it's my first time)
Please pass it on as a bug fix for the next software update.
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:43 pm

Why do you need more functionality for interfacing with mobius than what standalone offers? What are you referring to?
DO you know the differences between modes? In one of your other posts you stated you needed LED control, as a reason to avoid the basic editor. But you never went into any detail as to what you actually need to do to interface with mobius.
We'll take a look at this bug as soon as we can.
chumbo

Postby chumbo » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:51 pm

Ok, you're right, I'll probably be able to work without that functionality. I was just a bit irritated that you didn't immediately react as you did now 'Oh a problem...we'll fix it!' instead of 'Here, put a bit of scotch tape, and it should work'. You know what I mean I guess...
Thanks anyway for taking note of it!
And I must say, the KMI support staff is simply awesome! You are clearly always monitoring the forum as the responses are almost instant after I post a problem!
Thanks so much, great to feel supported in this way! :-)
Cheers,
chumbo
aspiers

Postby aspiers » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:49 am

I realise I'm resurrecting an ancient thread here, but it's July 2017, I just got my first SoftStep, and I'm having exactly the same problem:

I configured the Nav pad with two Nav Y Inc-Dec modlines, identical except that one goes to SSCOM Port 1 and the other to the SoftStep Expander (it seems to be standard practice to duplicate modlines in this way, presumably just in case the user ever buys one and starts using it, right?) but they don't seem to output any MIDI event.

I tried it in Hosted mode to see if the live data was coming through correctly, but the Raw and Value fields didn't budge an inch. I'm using Windows XP, but if it's broken for both Standalone and Hosted modes, I'm not sure if it's related to the OS anyway.

Am I missing something or is this bug still present? Thanks!

P.S. In case you're curious what I'm trying to set up: I use the Transcribe! software and I want to be able to control playback speed via Nav Up/Down. Transcribe! allows control of playback speed via CC messages on a fixed channel and controller number. So I simply want Nav Up/Down to act like a vertical slider sending CC messages.
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:24 am

What is your OS?
chumbo

Postby chumbo » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:52 pm

He wrote it in the 3rd paragraph....
I'm using Windows XP,...

Return to “SoftStep Users' Help Exchange”