Due to inactivity, the KMI Forums are now READ ONLY.
Here are some helpful links you can visit to get more up to date information about your KMI products:

KMI Downloads
KMI Support
KMI Facebook User Group

Software bug with Nav Pad?

Get help from other SoftStep users.
chumbo

Software bug with Nav Pad?

Postby chumbo » Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:38 am

I think there might be a problem with the NavPad's 'Nav Y Inc-Dec' data source.

When I press the North or South key of the Nav Pad of my SS1, nothing happens in the advanced editor? I mean, no value shows up in the red boxes (raw, value, result)? This is not the case with virtually every other source of the keys & NavPad. I tried it's counterpart on one of the keys (Y increment), and it works fine: as I press the top or bottom of the key, the value will increase or decrease accordingly.

Additionally, when I use any of the other data sources that do work with the NavPad, it will input data and show the value according to how I press the NavPad in the first two red boxes 'Raw' and 'Result'...but when it then goes through the 'Table' (set to Linear), no data is output in the last red box, the 'Value'! Which in effect means it's not sending any MIDI signal out, and I therefore can't control anything with it??
Am I missing something?

Could someone please try this with the NavPad on their SS and report back, just to see if it's only me or a general problem...or a normal behaviour?! (KMI support?)
Thx!
Chumbo
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Re: Software bug with Nav Pad?

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:03 am

Have you turned the modline on? The little colored circle at far left of the modline is like an on/off switch. Make sure that you have that turned on. It defaults to off for some reason when you switch initially from program change to modline mode on the navpad.
chumbo

Postby chumbo » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:17 am

Hi,
Modline is on but that's not the point anyway because when I try another datasource, even with the modline off, the value are still received by the software and shown in those red boxes. I just get nothing with that 'Nav Y Inc-Dec' datasource, every other I've tried worked normally.

This would be a very strange malfunction of my unit if it only didn't send data with a single datasource, so I guess it's more logical it would be a software bug. And if that's the case, wouldn't everybody be equally affected by it? Has anybody tried what I described?
Cheers,
chumbo
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:24 am

Yes, I just tried it. Sosftep 1 with the new editor, in hosted mode. Got values in the raw, result and value boxes. The mod window should look like this:
Screen Shot 2014-06-04 at 12.23.24 PM.png
chumbo

Postby chumbo » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:29 am

Oh crap! Not good then...does that mean my SS is defective!?? :-S
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:46 am

Probably not. If you can get data from all the other sources that means that your softstep is sending data properly.
chumbo

Postby chumbo » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:50 am

Ok...so what's could be the problem then?? :-S
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:04 pm

Don't really know. Send a screenshot of your modline.
hosted mode I assume?
Which version of the software?
chumbo

Postby chumbo » Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:36 pm

Well, it gets stranger since I just called a fellow musician who also has the Sofstep and he could reproduce the same exact problem!?
I promise, nothing wrong with my modline. I can send a capture if you want but I know for sure it won't help. All I need to do is change the datasource to ANY other setting and it works, data comes flowing in, filling the red boxes with data numbers.

I use the latest firmware (91) and v2.02 of the advanced editor in hosted mode. This can't only be me and my friend?? Or it's a problem with Belgium!? :shock:
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:56 pm

That data source is confirmed to work. We haven't had any reports of one data source being broken. Mac or windows?
Send me a screencap of the behavior, because I can't reproduce it here.

Return to “SoftStep Users' Help Exchange”