Due to inactivity, the KMI Forums are now READ ONLY.
Here are some helpful links you can visit to get more up to date information about your KMI products:

KMI Downloads
KMI Support
KMI Facebook User Group

Ableton & SS2 Nav L<>R

Get help from other SoftStep users.
mocker

Re: Ableton & SS2 Nav L<>R

Postby mocker » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:55 am

TheOtherSupport@KMI wrote:Yeah, we are aware, and we will look into this as soon as we can.
A month later. Any progress ? Thanks.
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:20 am

We will look into this as soon as we can.
mocker

Postby mocker » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:11 am

TheOtherSupport@KMI wrote:We will look into this as soon as we can.
Did you just "copy/paste" your answer ? OK, I know, little joke there…
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:18 am

Nope I didn't copy and paste, but I could've because there is no news on this front.
mocker

Postby mocker » Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:53 am

TheOtherSupport@KMI wrote:Nope I didn't copy and paste, but I could've because there is no news on this front.
Yes, unfortunately.
gilbertplantinga

Postby gilbertplantinga » Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:34 pm

Let’s say you hatch a great idea for a product, something you can sell that will improve things for your potential customers. And let’s say that product is some kind of investment that will give your customers great returns. You take your first revenues and pocket them, write them down as profit, spend them on dope, whatever, and then go selling more of this great product so as to pay out the returns you promised your first investors… That is called a Ponzi scheme.

But if your great idea is a piece of hardware that will inevitably require firmware updates to remain useful, well there seems to be no similarity, right? Ah but then you come up with another great product, announce it to the media before it’s quite ready to ship, and then when it finally does ship it’s only useful to half of your potential customers because compatible software needed by the other half isn’t developed yet… you’re in a jam! You put of your limited resources into getting that software out the door, but that leaves you no resources to keep your earlier customers up and running. First you blame the victims — you shouldn’t have upgraded your OS until you were sure our fabulous product would still work — even though the problem is a fault in your firmware that affected virtually no other manufacturer’s products (though you initially claimed the problem was widespread). And you were snarky about it.

Months go by. More OS upgrades come out. No support. Every now and then a couple of pesky customers complain (at least they’ve kept the outrage confined to your own internal forums, phew!). You tell them we’ll get to it as soon as we can, but what you really mean is that we’ll get to it as soon as we’ve sold our newer product to more people (who may someday expect support for current operating systems). But no problem, we’ve got this great new product…
mocker

Postby mocker » Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:38 pm

I'm afraid there is some truth in your post.
gargas

Postby gargas » Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:59 am

Unfortunately this seems to be KMI current practice...
I (almost 2 years gone by now: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2524), as well as others, have pointed some bugs with softstep's firmware before . Some of them inclusively relate to functions that KMI says softstep is able to handle...

And as always the answers go in the same way: "We will look into it", "try a different approach, a workaround", "it's your fault", etc, etc...

more than two years have passed, no firmware update has been done (And I'm not talking about new features... just correcting the known bugs), and they still tell us that we shouldn't upgrade the OS!!!!

Seriously... Softstep is probably the best midi foot controller idea, in the hands of the worst company and support team I have ever met.

Definitively, I won't buy again any KMI products. This is just becoming ridiculous...
mocker

Postby mocker » Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:43 am

TheOtherSupport@KMI wrote:Nope I didn't copy and paste, but I could've because there is no news on this front.
Seriously, 3 weeks later, stiil nothing ?? Please, at least give us a roadmap or something.
gilbertplantinga

Postby gilbertplantinga » Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:36 am

Yes, Is anything happening here????

Return to “SoftStep Users' Help Exchange”