Due to inactivity, the KMI Forums are now READ ONLY.
Here are some helpful links you can visit to get more up to date information about your KMI products:

KMI Downloads
KMI Support
KMI Facebook User Group

V1.2 update Problem with converting 1.1 presets

Get help from other SoftStep users.
dirk

V1.2 update Problem with converting 1.1 presets

Postby dirk » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:41 pm

Hello,
Well I really like the new look and smaller footprint of the editor, amazed at the speed of the easy app and the firmware updater is fantastic. Also appears that the buttons are much better response for me now. Also the EL button and lights seem to be more consistent now.

However I have tried multiple times to convert my old hosted presets from my 1.1 version, and no matter what I cannot recall them
from the 1.2 editor. I tried as documented to first convert the presets, then open the library app, and then open the editor, and still the good old init preset and none of my custom name and function presets.

Win7 64bit (SS is in x86 program files)
I can still run 1.1 with the updated firmware no problem so I know I haven't lost anything at least.

Dirk
SarahKMI
KMI Moderator

Re: V1.2 update Problem with converting 1.1 presets

Postby SarahKMI » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:53 pm

Hey Dirk,

I'm glad you're liking the new version! We're posting the official release today!

I made a quick tutorial video showing the scene conversion process, maybe being able to see the steps will help:

http://www.keithmcmillen.com/softstep/t ... es-windows

Let me know how it goes!

-Sarah Howe
dirk

Postby dirk » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:28 pm

Thanks for your speedy reply Sarah. I did all the steps as you have documented in the video already.

For me the issue was the librarian wouldn't copy the first item in list on the source, once I tried the next Source Scene and changed the destination slot #, I was able to copy all them over after that.
Very odd bug but in case anybody else has had this issue, just simply pick the non first scene #2 and above in the Source Scenes area on the left, then pick a slot other than 2 and insert. Then you can go back and put anything anywhere you like.

I'm off to explore my old presets in the new editor.

Cheers,
Dirk
dirk

Postby dirk » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:18 pm

Yeah I spoke too soon, the EL off in setup does not hold on save and restart. It worked once and hasn't
stayed off on restart.

Oh by the way the librarian still shows the same issues as I stated above even in the official 1.2 release.

Yesterday I was using the 1.2 RC version, today I loaded up the official 1.2 release and had to convert
my old 1.1 presets again.

I hope this might help someone.

Dirk

Return to “SoftStep Users' Help Exchange”