Softstep and Electrix Repeater

Get help from other SoftStep users.
guarsh

Softstep and Electrix Repeater

Postby guarsh » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:43 pm

Anyone have any luck getting the Softstep to work with the Electrix Repeater?
mocker

Re: Softstep and Electrix Repeater

Postby mocker » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:35 am

Drives me nostalgic…
I sold mine a year ago. It was a great machine but far too unstable on stage (and noisy).

To come back to your question, it should not be a problem if you read their very precise midi table at the end of the manual. And send the correct midi messages. I used a Rolls MidiWizzard footswitch for years as a remote and it worked great.
spacewars

Postby spacewars » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:14 pm

I realize this is an olllldd post but yes, this was the one thing I did with the SoftStep;
I set up a simple control layout for the Repeater and it worked. That was before I was aware of the litany
of issues with the device, such as noisy, problematic EL lighting, a complete lack of tactile feedback, half-assed configuration software, an inadequate number of expression pedal inputs and a flimsy external MIDI box, to name a few. The EL noise problem alone makes using it with the Repeater a dodgy proposition,
because the EL strips in the SoftStep can induce noise in your instrument output chain.
dirk

Postby dirk » Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:05 pm

Good luck,
I got rid of my repeater years ago, a noisy bugger for sure, but very controllable via midi. Used to use an Ultrafoot and an Fcb1010 with much success. So you should have no problems with SS.
Dirk

Return to “SoftStep Users' Help Exchange”