Due to inactivity, the KMI Forums are now READ ONLY.
Here are some helpful links you can visit to get more up to date information about your KMI products:

KMI Downloads
KMI Support
KMI Facebook User Group

Softstep editors won't load presets

Get help from other SoftStep users.
gzap

Softstep editors won't load presets

Postby gzap » Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:04 am

I'm trying to set up a mac mini to run without a screen and running into a few issues.

1) neither the advanced or the basic editor will boot up with presets. I see that the presets are now stored inside the app itself, but for some reason with build 2.03 on OS 10.12.1 every time I boot up either editor it comes up without any presets. Including losing the hour or two of work setting up a preset to use with the mac mini standalone.

2) neither advance or basic editor will launch with the one preset loaded on rebooting the mac mini. I'm hoping to find a way to just use the mac mini to run mainstage and the softstep and just boot up and run, preferably with no monitor (though am thinking about finding a way to use phone/ipad for emergency screensharing/airdisplay)

Anybody have any ideas what's going on?
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Re: Softstep editors won't load presets

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:47 am

Some things changed on 10.12 with how the system handles application file dependencies.
Where are the Editors on your hard drive exactly? We've had success moving the Editors directly into the Applications folder, outside of the Editors folder.
gilsy

Postby gilsy » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:00 am

The Editors have to be directly into the Applications folder and not inside the Editors Folder. If not, that doesn't work.
This is a major point and you should write this clearly in the update folder or in an updated softstep manual !!

I lost some time to understand and find the answer...
mocker

Postby mocker » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:15 am

gilsy wrote:The Editors have to be directly into the Applications folder and not inside the Editors Folder. If not, that doesn't work.
This is a major point and you should write this clearly in the update folder or in an updated softstep manual !!

I lost some time to understand and find the answer...
Here it works perfectly with the editors inside the Editors folder, so…
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:22 am

Yeah, it seems to be different from system to system. On some they work fine in the Editor folder, on others they need to be directly in the applications folder. On others, they don't work at all. pretty perplexing.

Return to “SoftStep Users' Help Exchange”